Passenger seat Weight & Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have pulled mine so many times that I have it down to 5 mins to get both the pass & center seats out. Lol I used to have the plastic console like you but swapped to a center jump seat. With the center seat out, an impact, 15 & 18 mm sockets the pass seat comes out fast. Mine are out right now too since I plan on going to the track Saturday. Lol

20181207_105325.jpg

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have pulled mine so many times that I have it down to 5 mins to get both the pass & center seats out. Lol I used to have the plastic console like you but swapped to a cenyer jump seat. With the center seat out, an impact, 15 & 18 mm sockets the pass seat comes out fast. Mine are out right now too since I plan on going to the track Saturday. Lol

View attachment 149037
Love my cordless impact Gary,i hate the dash light being on,so my seat and tailgate don't come off till i'm at the track,lol

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If all goes as planned I'll have some 1/8th mile testing and numbers done tomorrow night. Using it for some testing and tuning and then Saturday will be 1/4 mile where we are hoping to break into the 11s with this pig.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If all goes as planned I'll have some 1/8th mile testing and numbers done tomorrow night. Using it for some testing and tuning and then Saturday will be 1/4 mile where we are hoping to break into the 11s with this pig.

With the right conditions,i think you'll hit 11's John,you're close now. Pump the front tires up to 60psi at the track if you can to help with rolling resistance.If you're running a street style shock on the front,an old trick is to back the nut off and remove the upper rubber bushing and just put the steel washer back on with just enough threads on the nut to keep it from falling off,gives you better then an inch of instant front end rise,before the shock slows the rise down. Got the fuel tank almost empty,there's close to a hundred pounds between a full tank and one with only a 1/2 dozen gallons left in it,every little bit helps,lol.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a random thought about the advantages of removing the front passenger seat in addition to the weight reduction. It seems for most of us that the main advantage would be the peace and quite coming from that side of the cab!--Just a thought----
Jay

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a random thought about the advantages of removing the front passenger seat in addition to the weight reduction. It seems for most of us that the main advantage would be the peace and quite coming from that side of the cab!--Just a thought----
Jay

Only in a single cab. In a quad or crew the noise would just come from the back seat, and probably a hell of a lot louder!!! Lol

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the right conditions,i think you'll hit 11's John,you're close now. Pump the front tires up to 60psi at the track if you can to help with rolling resistance.If you're running a street style shock on the front,an old trick is to back the nut off and remove the upper rubber bushing and just put the steel washer back on with just enough threads on the nut to keep it from falling off,gives you better then an inch of instant front end rise,before the shock slows the rise down. Got the fuel tank almost empty,there's close to a hundred pounds between a full tank and one with only a 1/2 dozen gallons left in it,every little bit helps,lol.

Thats an interesting trick with the front shocks but makes sense. Don't know if I'll have a chance to get that done for tonight's 1/8th but should be able to for Saturday and the 1/4. The fact that my truck has 114k miles on the original suspension definitely helps since theres no way its as tight as a lower mile truck now lol. Jay thinks it has 11s in it for sure so hopefully it happens if all goes well!

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only in a single cab. In a quad or crew the noise would just come from the back seat, and probably a hell of a lot louder!!! Lol

Thats is a FACT. Lol I used to have a Mustang GT that I pulled the front seat on 1 night on a track trip. I figured the wife would just sit at home that night like she always does when I go to the track. The 1 night I did she wanted to go. I told her that her seat was out. She said " oh its ok I have a back seat & now have a bunch of leg room to stretch out". Lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now she goes racing with you but to race her own car. I still think you should let her drive the truck------LOL
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Now she goes racing with you but to race her own car. I still think you should let her drive the truck------LOL
Jay

I agree Jay,i think he should get her racing too,lol. Took me 20 years to talk my wife into making a pass,now she races her own car every chance she gets,lol. Downside is,everytime I spend money on the truck,she wants money spent on her car,i keep using the excuse about "warrenty" ,lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes some of our decisions come back and bite us in the ass----LOL
Jay