Passenger side mirror adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbctmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but search didn't find anything. I moved up from 1/2 ton to 2500 this year. I have the tow mirrors. On the passenger side, the main mirror actually magnifies the view as opposed to the 1/2 ton towing mirrors that have a standard view in the main mirror. Any suggestions or links on the best way to adjust the main and spotter sections to provide the best coverage? I have adjusted them to a position I am comfortable with, but wanted to hear from some of you with experience. Thanks in advance!

slim chance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but search didn't find anything. I moved up from 1/2 ton to 2500 this year. I have the tow mirrors. On the passenger side, the main mirror actually magnifies the view as opposed to the 1/2 ton towing mirrors that have a standard view in the main mirror. Any suggestions or links on the best way to adjust the main and spotter sections to provide the best coverage? I have adjusted them to a position I am comfortable with, but wanted to hear from some of you with experience. Thanks in advance!
i read this and had to go out to our 2019 1500 and our 2019 2500 ... both have factory tow mirrors and neither passenger side mirrors "magnifies the view" ... i do think these mirrors are the worst tow mirrors i have ever had ... it is not possible for me to adjust the mirror to see the top of the trailer fenders AND the traffic behind me .. and this is with any of our 3 trailers ... a single 1000#, a double axle 5,000# or our TT ... in my last trk, a toyota tundra i could get the FULL view i wanted

UFBret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I hate the tow mirrors on my '19. In the folded down position I don't have complete coverage of the passenger side of the truck when reversing in to parking spaces. So if there is a curb on the passenger side, I can't see it without readjusting down on the mirror. I just leave them pushed out in tow configuration which looks ridiculous. I love everything about this truck except the mirrors. The tow mirrors on my F250 were leaps and bounds better.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate the tow mirrors on my '19. In the folded down position I don't have complete coverage of the passenger side of the truck when reversing in to parking spaces. So if there is a curb on the passenger side, I can't see it without readjusting down on the mirror. I just leave them pushed out in tow configuration which looks ridiculous. I love everything about this truck except the mirrors. The tow mirrors on my F250 were leaps and bounds better.

Do your mirrors have the auto tilt down function when in reverse? That option would be somewhere in the settings in the center screen, that could help out a little but in those situations I use the outside part of the mirror more as I can see right where my rear tire is.

And yeah the mirrors flipped out look horrible IMO, my friends do it to me to prank me every once in a while when they spot my truck somewhere. It works cause I do feel embarrassed as I'm walking up to it and putting them back to normal. Aside from looking ridiculous, it also has this associated urban dictionary defintition:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tow mirrors

UFBret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Do your mirrors have the auto tilt down function when in reverse? That option would be somewhere in the settings in the center screen, that could help out a little but in those situations I use the outside part of the mirror more as I can see right where my rear tire is.

Unfortunately they do not have the auto tilt down function.