Passenger side transmission tab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi and I will be installing long tube pacesetter header in a few weeks and I have one major concern about this. Lots of people said they had to "trim" off a piece of the transmission and I looked and confirmed that it's on mine as well. I am not as daring as the next guy and I do NOT feel comfortable going in blind and just cutting away at my trans. Can someone fully explain to me in detail how they did it so that I don't mess up my transmission?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All you should have to do for adequate clearance is zip straight down through the hole that's there

DSC01037.jpg

OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HemiLonestar thanks for the detailed picture! It will help a lot. Did u also have the problem with the back alignment spacer tab on the passenger side hit and grind on the header? If so, any advice you could give on that would be greatly appreciated!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No, but I have a 2wd