Pavement Queen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Sanders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no idea why someone would buy a 70k truck with all kinds of off road equipment and then not go offroad. Seems like that kind of person made a foolish purchase decision at the dealer and could have bought a truck more tailored for on road use and saved money or spent the money on street use features.

Also go mine new for 49k.
I don't know why anyone cares what someone else chooses to do with their truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL
I worked for a rancher for a while
The ranch was in the southern California Desert
It needed a lot of water to grow anything.

The rancher had a International pickup truck, he had bought it new & it may have been 6 years old.
When i worked for him, the International was my transportation & work vehicle, i even put a spreader on it & spread wheat, oats, clover, etc. with it, the spreader had a wheel on it for a belt, the drivers rear wheel also had a wheel for the belt. As i drove, the seed was spread
Both doors were tied shut & the truck was not free of dents, the tailgate had been modified & had to be chained closed.
It had aircraft balloon tires on it

the drivetrain was perfect & you could drive down a road & without braking, you could drive across the fields.

That truck did everything you could ask of it

Everyone in town would kid me about that truck when i went in for supplies..

A truck is what you need it for

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
winter in central British Columbia.there is no substitute for a power wagon.that was the deciding factor for me.plus heated seats/steering.i hunt/fish so off road is about 50/50.i have a 2500 slt for day to day use.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I don't have a PW, just a plain ol' white RAM 2500 TRUCK. I probably drive 50/50 road to offroad. My job takes me to a lot of broadcast tower facilities, quite a few have little more than dirt/mud roads going to them. I haul just about anything you can imagine could be hung on the side of a tower or installed in a transmitter building. I pull a 38' camper and a 40' work trailer (which is usually pretty much overloaded). I also use my truck for deer, hog, and quail hunting in the local WMA's and down in the Everglades. Throw a dogbox with a boat seat in the back and I have a swampbuggy. My truck gets treated like a 4x4 truck, not a grocery getting pavement princess.

The question has been asked why buy a $70k truck just to beat it up, I have to ask why in the hell are you buying a truck period if you're just going to drive it around like a Prius?!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
most of my driving is in the city but I wanted truck to tow haul my junk. I chose a pw because it has most of the stuff I would have bolted on a regular truck (winch lockers)I am building my truck for me not anyone else. so any haters can f$%k off.my rock sliders and tire carrier maybe home made but it was fun to build them and they didn't cost me a bunch not everybody likes to get their truck dirtylol

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
There's a lot of "red land" out here in Western Colorado and Eastern Utah. It's 99.999% off-road if one so chooses to drive on dirt/rock all day. Crossing the paved road accounts for the 0.001%.

View attachment 246930
I'm in the Ozarks, wish we had more red on the map. No shortage of dirt roads, farms and red mud tho :)

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Most of my driving is on the road, but I work on a ranch.
Plenty of opportunities to drive over big rocks, logs, etc.

Moving to the Mainland in a couple of months though! North Idaho is calling us!
Time to breathe some free air, shoot some things, and find the end of every trail I can find!

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mostly city driven, I'll usually get in 2-3 legitimate off-roading trips during the summer months.