Payload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Joe Momma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no doubt that there is marketing in everything. I put 3700 lbs in the back of my '07 tundra and made it home, 20 miles. Learned later on why it felt like I was driving on ice. I got lucky.

I just want to try and be close to the weight ratings. In the end, I'll just tow 3500k lbs vs put it in the bed. I hauled a 1k trailer with 1150lbs of pigs the other day and it was like there wasn't even a trailer back there. Given, it's not a ton of weight. I'm curious to see what a 16' trailer with 4-5 1k lb hay bales will feel like.

This is a fun truck and I love seeing all the knowledge and experience on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Dirt bikes/gear in the back of my PW; and at least right now all I tow is a 6X12 tandem. That may change if I ever get a small trailer but it would be a smaller overland type of trailer.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no doubt that there is marketing in everything. I put 3700 lbs in the back of my '07 tundra and made it home, 20 miles. Learned later on why it felt like I was driving on ice. I got lucky.

I just want to try and be close to the weight ratings. In the end, I'll just tow 3500k lbs vs put it in the bed. I hauled a 1k trailer with 1150lbs of pigs the other day and it was like there wasn't even a trailer back there. Given, it's not a ton of weight. I'm curious to see what a 16' trailer with 4-5 1k lb hay bales will feel like.

This is a fun truck and I love seeing all the knowledge and experience on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity what did you have in the bed if a tundra that weighed 3700 pounds?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
For what it’s worth, I did a Carli Commuter suspension. In so doing, I now can handle 1 ton payload. It’s what convinced me to go Carli over Thuren.

Extremely happy with Carli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk