PCM software update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptuttle78

Reaction score
Has anyone had a issue with this update or is it just me. 2013 Ram. The dealership did this update with tailgate recall. After I got it back it showed check engine light. Manufacturing control code. I took back to dealership and it’s been there a week and they can’t figure it out. Told me they were getting Chrysler involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont think the tailgate recall involves any pcm update. All they had to do was install a silly plastic shim. Perhaps they took the opportunity to do the update for something else.

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What code was set? Usually module flashes get done for recalls/rrt’s or if concern/issue is related to what the update corrects. But even if the update was not needed, it should not set the check engine light unless the pcm has been tuned. Orrrrr.... maybe... they messed something up. Stuff happens at dealers!

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I actually watched the tech when he did my tail gate recall, like ram1500 said, it was a small plastic piece he snapped into the tail gate lock mechanism. Took the guy like 5 minutes to do it. He never went into the cab of the truck. Sounds as if they did more than just that recall to your unit.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Has anyone had a issue with this update or is it just me. 2013 Ram. The dealership did this update with tailgate recall. After I got it back it showed check engine light. Manufacturing control code. I took back to dealership and it’s been there a week and they can’t figure it out. Told me they were getting Chrysler involved

Very sorry to hear about this! If you need any help with your dealership, feel free to let us know. We can escalate a case for you so a case manager can help you out.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this! If you need any help with your dealership, feel free to let us know. We can escalate a case for you so a case manager can help you out.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

They have had my truck for 2 weeks and can’t figure why it is throwing that code. Told me they were working with Chrysler trying to figure it out. Help!!!! [emoji57]

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
They have had my truck for 2 weeks and can’t figure why it is throwing that code. Told me they were working with Chrysler trying to figure it out. Help!!!! [emoji57]

Can you send us a private message with your VIN and the dealer you are working with? I would be happy to get a case escalated for you for an extra layer of assistance.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Do you know what DTC is being set?

Was this code set before you took the truck in for the recall or did it occur after the tech performed the flash update?

OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score
Do you know what DTC is being set?

Was this code set before you took the truck in for the recall or did it occur after the tech performed the flash update?

It happened after the update

OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score
So the dealership is now telling me Chrysler too them the truck needs to be decarbed? The whole engine? Saying that’s what is causing the check engine light

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a silly question...I just wanna confirm just so that i dont get into a hissy fit and try it anyways....16 ram sport,i have the t1000 and extra pcm....truck went to dealer with diablo pcm still in it(i think)for a minor bang up when i got hit..
My problem is that im 2nd guessing myself into thinking if i pulled out my diablo pcm or not,cause now i cant get it to write a tune back in..Goes through all the process but fails to write....Been on the phone with diablo and went through a bunch of stuff but no luck..
So how can you tell for sure which pcm is which..They look alike to me and i dont wanna send my pcm to diablo for a check up when its the stocker i was trying to tune..
BOY OH BOY woulnt that make me look like a *******....

**UPDATE**

After some calls and emails we figured out after i pulled the ecu that i had reverted back to factory pcm before my trk went to dealer.....

* IM A TOTAL ********

Ok so now i can tune again....I also realized that i had been thinking i was installing a tune but in all honesty i had been modifying the stock tune with parameters change..So just now got the options changed(throttle sensitivity,cooling fans,top speed,mds off)and installed the 91 oct can tune....
All i can say is DAMN!!!! It make hang on with two hands today..So it goes to show,study your work,pay attention to details and double chk your work then enjoy and just a few min ago i really did..

I also wanna thank the boys who helped me figure all this out from diablo sport...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963