Pedal Commander for 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Rebel G/T Night Edition
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Ordered the truck, and also ordered the Pedal Commander (based on prior good experience on my Gladiator). Curious to know if others have experience/thoughts on this?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have one for my 2021 Rebel. It's ok.
Cost a bit much. Haven't had any issues. I usually put in highest city mode, lower in winter.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have had on my 1500 Hemi for 3 years. Would not drive without it.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Eight years of using the PC on most of my vehicles, no troubles, no codes.

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a RAM but I use a pedal commander in my Lexus GX460 (4.6L V8) overland rig and I’d never remove it. It’s fantastic.

Coosawjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here......excellent results with my 2022 Mustang GT 5.0 6-speed.......shifting a manual with accelerator delay is very frustrating......Pedal Commander fixed it right up!!

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a popular question but all the above love the Pedal C but how or more diect why do you need it? Is it that sudden jolt of acceleration you enjoy? It would seem if the so called hesitation is the main reason would you not now have an issue of feathering the pedal as in inclement weather/ Just would like some feedback all opinions appreciated.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Not a popular question but all the above love the Pedal C but how or more diect why do you need it?
Oil threads on this forum get very personal, with everyone swearing their brand/type oil is sent from the gods with the blessing of Achilles to solve every problem known to man. It's kind of like asking about someone's choice of underwear... No matter the available data, clear understanding of operating technology, or any evidence to support it, people believe what they believe. Pedal Commanders have elevated to the same status. The advertising hype lures them in to a purchase, their butt dyno confirms the hype, and no amount of logic or knowledge will lessen the allegiance to these devices. Good luck with your inquiry.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would seem if the so called hesitation is the main reason would you not now have an issue of feathering the pedal as in inclement weather
I've never had a pedal commander so I don't know if it's the same or not but I picked up a banks pedal monster for cheap to try it out. It takes just seconds to switch what mode and setting you want it set at and can revert back to stock setting with it installed. So if I'm going to be driving on bad (snow or ice covered) roads I set it back to stock.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never had a pedal commander so I don't know if it's the same or not but I picked up a banks pedal monster for cheap to try it out. It takes just seconds to switch what mode and setting you want it set at and can revert back to stock setting with it installed. So if I'm going to be driving on bad (snow or ice covered) roads I set it back to stock.
Exact same, the newer PC even have bluetooth so you can switch the settings from your phone if you install the PC in a not accessible location.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
True enuf Scotty. I was just curious about the base reason which i understood to be "the lag'. Just thought watching the promos that folks got it for the fun jolt not realizing that might be an issue in stopped traffic, ice snow rain etc...just curious. I lean towards the Banks rig as well from what is described safety wise...thanks fore the input guys

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exact same, the newer PC even have bluetooth so you can switch the settings from your phone if you install the PC in a not accessible location.
Nice. The banks is all done through your phone. No buttons at all on it except one for Bluetooth pairing if I remember right. Dang thing comes with like 10 feet of wiring. I have it all coiled up under the dash so it's out of sight but that's my only complaint with it. I have no clue who would need that much wire for just going from the obd2 port to the gas pedal.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Not a popular question but all the above love the Pedal C but how or more diect why do you need it? Is it that sudden jolt of acceleration you enjoy? It would seem if the so called hesitation is the main reason would you not now have an issue of feathering the pedal as in inclement weather/ Just would like some feedback all opinions appreciated.
i had the same thought- i had a 18 night 5.7/3.92/2wd that was already pretty peppy so i though ehhh... dont need it... just give it more throttle. i ended up buying the amazon 9drive for 50.00 to try it out. im my mind i would not be impressed so why spend all the money on the pc. well i can first hand tell you it really makes a difference! The biggest difference i noticed was cruising at freeway speeds the lag was really bad there and man it made that motor wake up- it felt more like driving a old school big block! off the line nah i really didnt need it but it made it more fun to drive. when i get another ram in a year or so i'll be buying a pc the same day!

OP
OP
ViperRich

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Where did you guys locate your PC unit?

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm considering this and was curious about your experience with the Banks Pedal Monster so far?

OP
OP
ViperRich

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Pedal Commander working out great on new Rebel GT. I use the phone app to control it.