Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Recently received my pedal commander for my 18’ and figured I could share how simple the install is. I’m pretty stoked to have a Bluetooth version, which makes playing, easy to control. Let me know if you have any questions!

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Great job on the video. I know its a easy install but it sure helps if you never installed one before.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
dont kid yourself, its easier to tap the buttons on the unit then pull out your phone and fire up the app and then change the settings on the fly.

Nice and ez video, you know you want to go sport +5 and race light to light lol

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dont kid yourself, its easier to tap the buttons on the unit then pull out your phone and fire up the app and then change the settings on the fly.

But the flip side is that I mounted my control module under the das so it’s completely hidden. Since it has BT I don’t have to have that ugly panel on the dash.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Pressing buttons is easier, although I have to admit, the Bluetooth works very well and is an instant change. I already have my phone setup to link to UConnect so it also is ready to link when I open the app.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
But the flip side is that I mounted my control module under the das so it’s completely hidden. Since it has BT I don’t have to have that ugly panel on the dash.

Mine is tucked in deep as well, and have to really try to find it between everything going on behind and under the steering wheel.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Recently received my pedal commander for my 18’ and figured I could share how simple the install is. I’m pretty stoked to have a Bluetooth version, which makes playing, easy to control. Let me know if you have any questions!

Nice. I have to ask though, is it really worth dropping the coin? I have a Diablo i2 and using the throttle booster I see minimal gains if any however, I do notice as I drive down the road and hit bumps that the throttle is so sensitive when set at 15-20 that I become my 70 year old uncle that feathers the throttle at speed, even on the interstate, no constant pedal position is maintained. Drives me crazy so I scrapped it and went back to stock. Really curious how you feel in the everyday driving and such with the PC. Thanks.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice. I have to ask though, is it really worth dropping the coin? I have a Diablo i2 and using the throttle booster I see minimal gains if any however, I do notice as I drive down the road and hit bumps that the throttle is so sensitive when set at 15-20 that I become my 70 year old uncle that feathers the throttle at speed, even on the interstate, no constant pedal position is maintained. Drives me crazy so I scrapped it and went back to stock. Really curious how you feel in the everyday driving and such with the PC. Thanks.
I have the PC-31 in my rig and couldn't be happier. Depending on what you have it set at will dictate how sensitive it is to your foot- and my experience has been that the longer you use it, the more used to it's sensitivity you become- thus, no feather-footing the throttle. My everyday setting is Sport+ 3, and I rarely notice the g-force factor unless I am getting on the highway or passing someone. Regular driving, I have just become accustomed to it.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What big terry said above^. It’s definitely come in handy with bigger tires with the better responsive throttle. Before tires I drove it also on sport +3. With the bigger tires I roll with sport +4. I like it a lot especially once you get down the sweet spot.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good to hear Zeke, thanks. I have installed 35s on **** Cepek rims, heavy combo. Noticed a bit of difference in pedal feel/response which is what pushed me to the i2. Figured I'd get the best of both worlds but to be honest, the throttle adjustment on this unit leaves something to be desired and the canned tunes, well, let's just say I have not noticed any difference with them unless plugging in the performance tune. Noticeable gains there. May have to give the PC a shot.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Sorry for resurrecting a year old thread...

I'm getting one and will probably tuck it away...

Q: What should be done before taking the truck to the dealer??? Unplug it???

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically does the PC just alter fuel ? I know another thread they said it messes with trims and or the fuel flow to get the more response and there for using alot more fuel?

Or is it just signals it messes with and sends faster signals?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically does the PC just alter fuel ? I know another thread they said it messes with trims and or the fuel flow to get the more response and there for using alot more fuel?

Or is it just signals it messes with and sends faster signals?

It moves the throttle more than you pressed the pedal. Depending on what setting you are on it is either a little more or a LOT more.

jerboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500
Engine
I put a Roar pedal on mine and it made the truck a lot more fun to drive.