Pedal Commander VS Pedal Monster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ysook1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 1500 5.7 sport crew cab short bed 3.92. 100500mi.

I don't know anything about the PM. I put a PC in 75,000 mi ago. Bluetooth capable, but have never used BT. Velcro mounted the pad between steering wheel and radio console.

It threw one code in the beginning. Called customer service and they were extremely helpful. They said you should change modes with pressing on the pedal. Cleared the code and not a problem since.

When I bring the truck in for service, I just change cables and Velcro pad under the dash. No effect on the computer.

After having this unit, I cannot drive it in stock engine mode. The stock engine or unplugged mode feels like dog. I run in sport +4. It's an easy non expensive way to turn the truck into a beast without major engine work.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I don't currently own either, but after months of reading and researching, I'm going with the banks pedal monster. It might just be all marketing hype but I liked that it had a constant power source in the obdll and extra safety features. Plus to boot it shows no foot print. I know they always say it doesn't void warranty, but arguing with warrnty people is not something I enjoy, so I like the zero foot print. Nothing worse than having 1000 ft tq and only getting 100 ft lbs (Just a guess, not factual) out of the hole with a 6.7

turboguard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Daily reminder these plug-and-play products can't modify internal power curves or lag inherent in the computer.
The only thing they are doing is simulating you slamming your foot on the pedal faster.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Daily reminder these plug-and-play products can't modify internal power curves or lag inherent in the computer.
The only thing they are doing is simulating you slamming your foot on the pedal faster.

That's true, and even though I know it in my head, the actual experience is different. You need to try it to believe it.

It's actually the oldest trick in the book, make your pedal sensitive off the line and suddenly your car feels powerful. I drove a 90's era volkswagon jetta that had that. Completely gutless motor, but off the line if felt strong due to pedal sensitivity. They had it cranked so high it was hard to maneuver in parking lots, it was pretty much off and then on and nothing in between. All to mask how gutless that poor thing really was.

You're playing tricks with your mind, but even though I know what's going on, it still feels way better to use it than to be without.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's true, and even though I know it in my head, the actual experience is different. You need to try it to believe it.

You're playing tricks with your mind, but even though I know what's going on, it still feels way better to use it than to be without.

This is completely accurate. Even though it is only changing the curve of throttle input it totally changes the feel. It seems as if you can not copy what either of these devices do with your foot....I have tried. It really is something you need to feel to understand.

Tripilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an interesting topic. I was looking for the opposite of what these accessories offer (I Think) . My 2021 1500 with 5.7/8-speed has instant jump at the slightest touch of the accelerator. I would like it to be a bit more tame. When the road is wet I have to be really gentle so as not to spin the tires. It's also not uncommon for the tires to spin on a dry road. Coming from a 1500 Silverado this RAM rips from the line. It's been a month and, while used to it, the rapid throttle response remains unpleasant and unnecessary. Any thoughts on this are appreciated...........

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an interesting topic. I was looking for the opposite of what these accessories offer (I Think) . My 2021 1500 with 5.7/8-speed has instant jump at the slightest touch of the accelerator. I would like it to be a bit more tame. When the road is wet I have to be really gentle so as not to spin the tires. It's also not uncommon for the tires to spin on a dry road. Coming from a 1500 Silverado this RAM rips from the line. It's been a month and, while used to it, the rapid throttle response remains unpleasant and unnecessary. Any thoughts on this are appreciated...........

I believe the Pedal Commander at least has city/eco settings which will actually dampen the throttle signal and might give you the reduced sensitivity you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I believe the Pedal Commander at least has city/eco settings which will actually dampen the throttle signal and might give you the reduced sensitivity you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^ What he said.... :) ^^

Not to beat a dead horse, but 2 years and zero problems with my PC. It's a game changer. Takes 5 minutes to install/remove. Change on the fly with your phone or pushing buttons.

I have zero experience with the Pedal Monster, so can't comment on it's performance nor should anyone sway your decision if they haven't owned a PC.

That being said....I'm guessing all the hoopla about the "dangers" of running the scary Pedal Commander is simply a marketing ploy to frighten the sheep into buying the Pedal Monster. It's like they invented a potential problem so they could say the PM won't do it. I mean who's to say that plugging the PM into your OBD port (which is directly connected to your ECU) isn't risking an electrical malfunction that fries your computer and kills your truck.... Either option seems like a win so pick your poison. Good luck and let us know what you go with.

:cheers:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^ What he said.... :) ^^

Not to beat a dead horse, but 2 years and zero problems with my PC. It's a game changer. Takes 5 minutes to install/remove. Change on the fly with your phone or pushing buttons.

I have zero experience with the Pedal Monster, so can't comment on it's performance nor should anyone sway your decision if they haven't owned a PC.

That being said....I'm guessing all the hoopla about the "dangers" of running the scary Pedal Commander is simply a marketing ploy to frighten the sheep into buying the Pedal Monster. It's like they invented a potential problem so they could say the PM won't do it. I mean who's to say that plugging the PM into your OBD port (which is directly connected to your ECU) isn't risking an electrical malfunction that fries your computer and kills your truck.... Either option seems like a win so pick your poison. Good luck and let us know what you go with.

:cheers:

Your vague hand waving aside, we know that ram trucks have been throwing error codes using the PC. I don't need to own one to say "don't buy something that might stop you from accelerating and has been known to throw error codes". When you find reports of the pedal monster frying your computer, do be sure to point it out.

The pedal monster is better designed. Made in USA (circuit boards included).

Why anybody would choose the pedal commander over it at this point is a real head scratcher, but you do you.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have to say there was great response on your question. Thanks everyone. I’ve been wondering which one was the best also.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Your vague hand waving aside, we know that ram trucks have been throwing error codes using the PC. I don't need to own one to say "don't buy something that might stop you from accelerating and has been known to throw error codes". When you find reports of the pedal monster frying your computer, do be sure to point it out.

Why anybody would choose the pedal commander over it at this point is a real head scratcher, but you do you.

Triggered-Memes-12.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone interested on a PC or PM, message me for a quote. We have limited supply left on them

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have Pedal Monster and it works. But, it also disrupts the Uconnect app from updating. I removed it and voila, app worked and updated my vehicle info. I emailed Banks about it and they didn't respond. Could be Covid and the side effects of not responding to email or calls that is hampering the follow up.

Larry Wald

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to pull my pedal commander out of my 2019 Limited after the 3rd time it caused error codes since installing it a year ago. My dashboard was lit up like a christmas tree. I had throttle, anti-skid, check engine codes and and something about the load leveling. All went away after removing the PC. I don't recommend it.

Mission72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6

I'm buying the PC just to aggravate you...

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Happy with my pedal comander have had on truck 4 yrs. Non blue tooth. Good luck with your decision I think most of us have the pedal comander. But there are alot more options than when I bought mine.

I sent my Banks Pedal Monster back after a week with it. There is no return to "Stock Reverse" that was a lie by Banks. I don't trust Him anymore. "They" soured me. That stock reverse only works on a few vehicles and no Rams. Pedal Commander doesn't make any false claims. I gave Pedal Commander a try two days ago and I'm really love it. I use City +4. Code: MEM30 will get a 30% discount. Its a Memorial Day sale.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wow, you returned a product with no known safety issues and replaced it with one that has a bunch of problem reports... just because a feature they promised (not specifically for your truck) isn't there?

All you need to do with the pedal monster is enable "trim", that works both directions; the first few mphs the device has no effect in either forward or reverse, there you go my man, "stock reverse" right there.

I'm not sure you were thinking straight on this, but I wish you best of luck with the PC.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
INTO THE UNKNOWN...just thinking would not both of these units just cause the heavy torque of higher revolutions more often causing additional wear and tear? For all intents and purposes with these units engaged the moment you step on the pedal the rpm is rocketed upwards rather than a more gradual increase even when floored in the normal sense.
Any info on this concern anyone?
Looks like both items are just fooling the driver to hammer the driveshaft connection harder more often..WEAR.??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956