Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Lots of threads on this with pages and pages if you do a search. I will add that with the PC turned on my truck would not go into high gear on the expressway.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Read my post above (#19) and watch the video before you buy the ebay one. The guy has some good points. That ebay one is awful cheap compared to a lot on the market, you get what you pay for.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Read my post above (#19) and watch the video before you buy the ebay one. The guy has some good points. That ebay one is awful cheap compared to a lot on the market, you get what you pay for.
I've been running a $70 cdn throttle controller from amazon, zero issues. It's called the 9 Drive.

The cheap ones do exactly the same as the more expensive pedal commander. All you get by paying more is the brand name and a bit more cash, you get bt connection to your phone with an app which is kind of pointless since it's actually easier to make changes on the module.

The banks one is doing the exact same thing, except they have pulled data from obd2 to display and try to sell the customer on gimmicks of a curved profile.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I've read alot about the Pedal Commader and am looking at buying one. I came across this one on Ebay and wondered if anyone has used it or is familiar with it. I'm assuming that these types of mods are all the same? Do they all work/act in the same way? Any input is appreciated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Race-Pedal...ke:Ram&hash=item343c479057:g:QZwAAOSwBUdgLwUJ
I have basically that same one, from amazon called 9 drive. I paid $70 cdn.

It works perfectly. Over 10000km driven on it so far, not a single problem. Takes under 5 minutes to install. Longest part was zip tying the wire up secure.

Last edited:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Lots of threads on this with pages and pages if you do a search. I will add that with the PC turned on my truck would not go into high gear on the expressway.
Sounds like an issue with your truck nothing the pc or any other controller would do to prevent that. It's only changing how quickly the signal ramps up going from the pedal to the computer, the starting Ma and peak Ma are still the same. If anything, it reaches high gear quicker

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm part of the group that didn't purchase the name brand controller either.

No issues. Works the same. Saved money for more mods.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've been running a $70 cdn throttle controller from amazon, zero issues. It's called the 9 Drive.

The cheap ones do exactly the same as the more expensive pedal commander. All you get by paying more is the brand name and a bit more cash, you get bt connection to your phone with an app which is kind of pointless since it's actually easier to make changes on the module.

The banks one is doing the exact same thing, except they have pulled data from obd2 to display and try to sell the customer on gimmicks of a curved profile.

The banks is powered off the 12 volt OBD2 port, not the 5v pedal sensor. There is not enough amps on the pedal sensor to run the device, sometimes they screw up and throw codes or give you dead pedal or unintended acceleration. Either one of those can ruin your day/life.

So no, they are not the same. The pedal monster appears to be better designed, and has failsafe mechanisms built in to bypass itself when it sees errors.

The banks also has "trim", which allows you 5 settings for < 15mph which controls sensitivity in that region. Makes it much better while towing a trailer, or maneuvering in a parking lot, or while backing up since you can essentially disable the gain at very low speeds.

The banks will also not let you change settings when you're moving, preventing that whole class of problems found on cheaper devices.

I've seen so many error reports on the pedal commander, use it at your own risk but have the decency to warn your wife or kids who might be driving it.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The banks is powered off the 12 volt OBD2 port, not the 5v pedal sensor. There is not enough amps on the pedal sensor to run the device, sometimes they screw up and throw codes or give you dead pedal or unintended acceleration. Either one of those can ruin your day/life.

So no, they are not the same. The pedal monster appears to be better designed, and has failsafe mechanisms built in to bypass itself when it sees errors.

The banks also has "trim", which allows you 5 settings for < 15mph which controls sensitivity in that region. Makes it much better while towing a trailer, or maneuvering in a parking lot, or while backing up since you can essentially disable the gain at very low speeds.

The banks will also not let you change settings when you're moving, preventing that whole class of problems found on cheaper devices.

I've seen so many error reports on the pedal commander, use it at your own risk but have the decency to warn your wife or kids who might be driving it.

That's what was stated in the video I posted.
Does anyone here know the current limit of the pedal circuit 5v and what the pedal circuit draws from it? And also what's the PC's current draw?

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Sounds like an issue with your truck nothing the pc or any other controller would do to prevent that. It's only changing how quickly the signal ramps up going from the pedal to the computer, the starting Ma and peak Ma are still the same. If anything, it reaches high gear quicker

Probably.

cnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is better about it? How much are they?

That's debatable. I had mine throw my truck into limp mode 3 times. The first was on the highway at 75 mph while in the left (3rd) lane, NO warning. VERY dangerous situation, lucky I didn't get in an accident. Same thing has happened to others in the forum. I wouldn't recommend it.

Happened to me twice then I pulled it.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always been skeptical of little black "mystery boxes" promising plug-and-play performance gains. That being said I've read a lot of positive reviews on Pedal Commander. Had a little extra cash from taxes so I decided to pull the trigger on one.

Shipping direct from the manufacturer was prompt, installation was straight forward, seat-o-the-pants says YES, improved throttle response. Color me satisfied.