Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCGM087

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys need some help i have a 2016 Ram 1500 sport, i love my truck this is my second ram ibhave own but my down fall is the lag on the pedal response when you stomp on it... ive been doin some research and ran into a PEDAL COMMANDER it shows it takes away lag helps the response does anyone have any idea on this?

https://www.pedalcommander.com

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this is going to the drive by wire gaz pedal, then depending on how they program their module it should give you a better throttle response. But I would save a little more and go with a Tuner (with unlocked ECU)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Another way to help with throttle response, in addition to a tuner with unlocked PCM and some adjustments to the throttle pressure setting, is a cold air intake with a better flowing intake tube.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
A tuner cured my throttle response issue

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would also suggest a tuner over a piggyback throttle booster. The tuner will not only make the truck more responsive, but give you more power as well.

OP
OP
T

TCGM087

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys thanx for the advice ya ill probably just wait and get a tuner for it :)

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just installed the throttle commander on my 11. 6 speed. I have the Diablo tuner. the throttle commander is unbelievable!! 36 settings.Throttle response is instant now!! I have it set at the highest level right now and it's like a hair trigger on a gun (if your familiar with). the price is a little steep but IT WORKS!! I'm glad I made the jump!

RamRebelLarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2016 Rebel and I agree the delay sucks.... I went out on a limb and purchased the Pedal Commander from there website it came in about 2 days and was extremely easy to install.... the truck drives fantastic in city mode and will leave it there for when my wife needs it but I was driving around with it in Sport and Sport plus and the difference is incredible... they offer a 14 day money back guarantee so I thought I had nothing to loose.... I will try ECO mode this weekend and report back with the 4 different modes and 8 settings on each mode from more to less responsive and lets say I just want my normal truck driving back I just turn the unit off... it has device memory and stay on what ever program it was on when I shut the truck off... pretty sweet little device and its smaller then a pack of matches!

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would also suggest a tuner over a piggyback throttle booster. The tuner will not only make the truck more responsive, but give you more power as well.

Think it could amplify what Sean already does with our tunes??

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Think it could amplify what Sean already does with our tunes??

No. Sean can crank the throttle up a lot more than he already does, but it creates added driveability issues. There is no need for anything like this when you already have an actual tuner on the truck.

RamRebelLarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry Moe I am new here and I am not familiar with Seans tune... does he offer different modes? say my wife is driving my truck and I dont need it to be quite so insane on monday but then I take it to work on tuesday and want my "race truck" can it be changed between modes or on the fly? i know with PC i have 4 settings that can be accessed any time and if i go to dealer I can turn the unit off and not have to worry about my new truck warranty.

and does he have a eco mode?

I would love to learn more about it as I am super happy with my truck and so far the PC but if there is something better out there id love to try it...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Sorry Moe I am new here and I am not familiar with Seans tune... does he offer different modes? say my wife is driving my truck and I dont need it to be quite so insane on monday but then I take it to work on tuesday and want my "race truck" can it be changed between modes or on the fly? i know with PC i have 4 settings that can be accessed any time and if i go to dealer I can turn the unit off and not have to worry about my new truck warranty.

and does he have a eco mode?

I would love to learn more about it as I am super happy with my truck and so far the PC but if there is something better out there id love to try it...

When using a Diablo tuner, you can also get a custom tune/tunes written specifically for your truck based on your upgrades and how you use the truck. Hemifever (Sean) can do this for you and send you as many tunes as you would like. They can do anything from stock to neck snapping, and anything in between. Not everyone likes the more aggressive throttle and shift points, so you simply let them know exactly what you are looking for, and they will write the tunes you need to fit your needs.

You can still keep the MDS on as well, so no worries about lost mileage...many guys actually see an increase in mileage when they arent playing with the extra power than the custom tuning gives them.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a bunch of snow today and that snappiness from the tuner and mods makes it a bit touchier to take off from the stop light. 4wd or not.

BlueStreak2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just joined Ram Forum today specifically because I found this post when doing research for a problem I'm having.

I've got a 2014 Big Horn with 5.7 HEMI and 8 spd trans. I love everything about the truck EXCEPT the throttle response. I find the gas pedal to be overly sensitive and the power curve uneven.... For lack of better words it's hard for you to feed the power in from a complete stop. I have to be extremely light footed on the gas to get it started smoothly, otherwise it either jerks you back, or sometimes even breaks the rears loose a little. It's starting to wear on me. A lot. I know the system is now fly by wire and that seemed to be a huge complaint. Basically I want my gas pedal to feel more as if it was an old direct cable linkage assembly (the pedal to have more resistance to it) if that makes any sense.

In doing my research I've found people have suggested both the Diablo Sport tuner i2, ornthe Pedal Commander for throttle issues. So with that in mind I have two questions:

A) Does anyone else have the same problem?

B) Does anyone here have familiarity with the DS i2 tuner/Pedal Commander and if so, pros/cons, do you think it will help?

Any constructive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah I was setting here reading this thinking to myself are these guys crazy..lol
my truck has no lag and taking off from a dead stop will break the tires loose very easy, I hate throttle lag and mine sure dont have it..:)

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
If your asking me I dont have a tuner on my truck at this time.

Bigwood189

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pedal commander eco mode

Hey guys I have a 2016 Rebel and I agree the delay sucks.... I went out on a limb and purchased the Pedal Commander from there website it came in about 2 days and was extremely easy to install.... the truck drives fantastic in city mode and will leave it there for when my wife needs it but I was driving around with it in Sport and Sport plus and the difference is incredible... they offer a 14 day money back guarantee so I thought I had nothing to loose.... I will try ECO mode this weekend and report back with the 4 different modes and 8 settings on each mode from more to less responsive and lets say I just want my normal truck driving back I just turn the unit off... it has device memory and stay on what ever program it was on when I shut the truck off... pretty sweet little device and its smaller then a pack of matches!

How was the eco mode? Did it make a difference on mpg?

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I started off with the Pedal Commander and man, did it wake up the throttle response. It made the truck fun to drive again. I've recently got a tuner and the two combined is magnificent. If you have the money to spend on a tuner & new PCM then do it, but if you don't have the money flow then the Pedal Commander is definitely a must have. You won't regret it.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
BTW, I've not heard one good thing about the Eco mode. You might as well take the pedal commander off and drive it stock. There is a thread that has a lot of pedal commander comments and input. Search for it.