PedalMax or Pedal Commander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking of getting a throttle booster. these 2 keep popping up. which one is better? Why?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pedal Commander is a proven product on this forum.... works great for me!!!!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Pedal Commander hands down

Blue Mule

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's funny when people post opinions as fact. The only true way to know which is better is to test them against each other. Anything else is just opinion. My suspicion is that there is little difference in them other than the user interface. I'm looking for a throttle booster myself, and am looking at an alternative to the PC. I had a PC on my 4th gen, and it worked well. My biggest complaint was in changing the modes. There are too many modes, and you have to step through them one at a time, at least on the non-bt version I had. It was not always easy to tell what mode was selected in bright sunshine. Eventually I found a mode that I liked, and kept it there. So my only real complaint pretty much went away since I didn't need to change modes anymore. I'm actually looking at ordering a Sprint Booster. But I'm waiting until after winter for this so I have time to evaluate what's out there.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's funny when people post opinions as fact. The only true way to know which is better is to test them against each other. Anything else is just opinion. My suspicion is that there is little difference in them other than the user interface. I'm looking for a throttle booster myself, and am looking at an alternative to the PC. I had a PC on my 4th gen, and it worked well. My biggest complaint was in changing the modes. There are too many modes, and you have to step through them one at a time, at least on the non-bt version I had. It was not always easy to tell what mode was selected in bright sunshine. Eventually I found a mode that I liked, and kept it there. So my only real complaint pretty much went away since I didn't need to change modes anymore. I'm actually looking at ordering a Sprint Booster. But I'm waiting until after winter for this so I have time to evaluate what's out there.

Yeah but if you get the one with Bluetooth you don't have to go through those steps anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdm219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the pedal commander and I'm very happy with it. It's removed the pedal lag entirely. I've had no issues with it at all. For me, I set it and haven't needed to adjust it again.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah but if you get the one with Bluetooth you don't have to go through those steps anymore
I guess my point was missed. The OP asked which one is best. I was just pointing out how it amuses me when people can make claims about which one is the best. And that applies to just about anything, not just throttle controllers. There is no way for someone to know that unless they have compared them in some way. I agree that the PC is a great product, and I said that in my last post. but I have no way of knowing which one is better based on only owning and using one of the products the OP asked about.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So the BT model takes care of that issue of scrolling through everyone?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the BT model takes care of that issue of scrolling through everyone?

Yes all you have to do is download the app and it'll have it listed in a circle and you pick where you want it to start at and you an adjust it to meet your needs

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree there is probably little difference between pedel max and commander. While your out it I think vitesse is contender considering the similar products and price.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess my point was missed. The OP asked which one is best. I was just pointing out how it amuses me when people can make claims about which one is the best. And that applies to just about anything, not just throttle controllers. There is no way for someone to know that unless they have compared them in some way. I agree that the PC is a great product, and I said that in my last post. but I have no way of knowing which one is better based on only owning and using one of the products the OP asked about.

It really doesn’t even matter to ask which ones better because only unless one was actually truly better than the other one, would it essentially be better. Asking a bunch of people what is better is truly only subjective anyway because that’s how the mentality of most people works. It’s like they’re incapable of differentiating between what they like, and everyone else likes so it’s like they automatically expect by default that you’ll like what they like.

But I haven’t even heard of that other product.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes all you have to do is download the app and it'll have it listed in a circle and you pick where you want it to start at and you an adjust it to meet your needs

Ordered last night directly from Pedal Commander. $20 off free 2 day shipping and box of Godiva chocolate.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really doesn’t even matter to ask which ones better because only unless one was actually truly better than the other one, would it essentially be better. Asking a bunch of people what is better is truly only subjective anyway because that’s how the mentality of most people works. It’s like they’re incapable of differentiating between what they like, and everyone else likes so it’s like they automatically expect by default that you’ll like what they like.

But I haven’t even heard of that other product.

Well actually I have found out through private messages that the pedal commander is a Bluetooth set up, unlike the pedal Maxx which do you need to install a throttle dial under the dashboard. So in my personal opinion just from that feature alone the pedal commander is better.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well actually I have found out through private messages that the pedal commander is a Bluetooth set up, unlike the pedal Maxx which do you need to install a throttle dial under the dashboard. So in my personal opinion just from that feature alone the pedal commander is better.

Personal opinion aside, that doesn’t make it better, though. That’s just what you like. But all my point simply was, was just how most people forget to include that very important part, “in my opinion”. But then again, it’s hard to ask what’s the best because like I said, what you may find as the best, may not be what the OP feels as the best.

I’ve never tried a PedalMax so I can’t speak about it but I’m with you, I like being able to control my PC with my phone. But, if that PedalMax would a lot less throw my CEL when I sometimes change setting, I’d probly like it better than the PC. That’s pretty much the only reason why I carry my code scanner all the time is specifically for that.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well personally I like the pedal commander because of the convenience that you can stick it under your dash out of sight and still change settings through your phone. e5bf060b150c9146d507cadde5e88369.jpg