Pentastar Mopar CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’re commenting on people’s intelligence when literally EVERYTHING you have said in this entire thread is wrong or pure hyperbole. Everyone gets it, you crash threads and make **** up to pretend you’re pushing 100 basis points on that intelligent quotient of yours.

Go ahead , Google what I just said so you can keep up. I’ll wait [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSSSST, u PWNED ME, I'll just leave it at that cause clearly I'm the dumb one that cant use google right

OP
OP
K

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PSSSST, u PWNED ME, I'll just leave it at that cause clearly I'm the dumb one that cant use google right

You realize I’m not the one that said you got “PWNED”, right?

I think your litany of posts shows your complete
lack of ability to chain together rationale thoughts.

I’ll leave this here:

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm glad you posted this! I have wondered if it was worth it and there was a real world benefit from getting it. They are spendy and I wondered if I would regret it end the end if I couldn't feel an actual improvement. I could use a few extra HP on the highway so it would actually use 8th gear more and stop kicking down to 7th most of the time.
Hummm?? Mine 2017 on the highway rarely kicks back down to 7th gear. Wonder why yours does???? I live in the south Texas with only mild hills here and there.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hummm?? Mine 2017 on the highway rarely kicks back down to 7th gear. Wonder why yours does???? I live in the south Texas with only mild hills here and there.

I don't remember it staying in 7th as much, until I changed a bunch of things in a short period of time and then I noticed I wasn't hitting 8th as much. I leveled it, then I added the steps rails and put Firestone Destination LE2 (still a highway tire, but) tires on and added the HEMI dual exhaust and bumper. I read somewhere the dual exhaust messes with the back pressure... who knows. I think it all added up enough to cause extra drag. If I run above 80mph, it will pretty much stay in 8th.

At any rate, I think if I could find a cheap, easy and reliable extra 10-15 hp, it would make up for all of it.

OP
OP
K

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't remember it staying in 7th as much, until I changed a bunch of things in a short period of time and then I noticed I wasn't hitting 8th as much. I leveled it, then I added the steps rails and put Firestone Destination LE2 (still a highway tire, but) tires on and added the HEMI dual exhaust and bumper. I read somewhere the dual exhaust messes with the back pressure... who knows. I think it all added up enough to cause extra drag. If I run above 80mph, it will pretty much stay in 8th.

At any rate, I think if I could find a cheap, easy and reliable extra 10-15 hp, it would make up for all of it.

Sprintex Supercharger. Pretty reliable [emoji1787]

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sprintex Supercharger. Pretty reliable [emoji1787]

I actually did check on getting one and I'm not against it. It's a big ass chunk o change but well worth it. The problem is, I can't find anyone in the area that has actually DONE a Ram 1500 3.6. Sprintex sells superchargers for other vehicles and the shops on their website anywhere close have only done things like Mini Cooper supercharger installs. We're talking 6k installed. I'd like it to be done by someone who has some experience for 6k.

OP
OP
K

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gonna spend more than $6k. I was quoted 8 fully installed from a local dealer.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Meanwhile, back at the post. I haven't found anything from Mopar showing HP increases with the CAI for any motor. Has anyone found anything solid from Mopar?

No Sir and it's because with the vehicle in stock form, all a CAI does is give you more intake sound and change the look of your engine bay.

In regards to the posts with Petastar 1500's not going into or staying in 8th gear long, my 2017 with 3.21 gears (all stock) can be like that too depending on the conditions. If there's any semblance of hills/inclines, or you're not steady on the go pedal, mine will mostly not advance beyond 7th. I really like the programming of the Pentastar/8hp45 combo. It's one of the less annoying too many speed automatics in terms of behavior.

As much as I like the 8hp45, I would not substantially increase the horsepower of a 3.6L without considering this is the lower torque handling capacity transmission. Like anything, I'm sure this can be addressed with the right amount of $.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No Sir and it's because with the vehicle in stock form, all a CAI does is give you more intake sound and change the look of your engine bay.

In regards to the posts with Petastar 1500's not going into or staying in 8th gear long, my 2017 with 3.21 gears (all stock) can be like that too depending on the conditions. If there's any semblance of hills/inclines, or you're not steady on the go pedal, mine will mostly not advance beyond 7th. I really like the programming of the Pentastar/8hp45 combo. It's one of the less annoying too many speed automatics in terms of behavior.

As much as I like the 8hp45, I would not substantially increase the horsepower of a 3.6L without considering this is the lower torque handling capacity transmission. Like anything, I'm sure this can be addressed with the right amount of $.

With the 450 NM input rating (~330 ft/lbs) there is a decent amount of wiggle room. Progressive boost like a centri within reason would probably be fine in the realm of power adders. Anything to add a big torque hit downlow on the other hand... well that would probably kill a stock 8HP45 pretty quickly if it gets enough abuse.