Percent off of MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I built a well optioned big horn on Ram’s website with a $52,500 MSRP. What kind of actual pricing should I expect for something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I just bought mine on Saturday, a Big Horn with Level 2 Equipment Group, Night Edition, etorque, etc. MSRP was $51,800 but then $6k manufacturer rebate and $3,900 dealer discount, which brought it down to $41,900. I did talk them down on add-ons such as bedliner, tonneau, side steps, etc but $41.9k was the price before add-ons, sales taxes/fees, my trade-in, and down payment.

Hopefully you can talk them down more. I'm sure that I left some meat on the bone.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
This was back in February... does anybody have an update on $$$ off of MSRP currently? I know region has a little to do with it but just want to see what people are getting now with the whole chip thing going on.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
This was back in February... does anybody have an update on $$$ off of MSRP currently? I know region has a little to do with it but just want to see what people are getting now with the whole chip thing going on.
Like said above you should shop far and wide. A quick look "near me"

I like these guys also...

couple of grand-sih

Last edited:

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Here is another way I like to search...this way you can put in all your options and such

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the other ram forum that has a thread dedicated to what people are paying for their trucks, I am seeing Mark Dodge is still doing 12-13% or so off MSRP with their dealer discount. I don't think or at least haven't heard of anyone beating them and as we know most won't even budge off msrp.

matemike

Reaction score
In reality face to face around here, a small town two hours from Houston, I'm seeing dealer mark-ups and market adjustments making sticker prices go up. Can't reason with these people either. I've clearly said I'll just go to a bigger dealer 140 miles away where they actually have stock, allotment and negotiable prices. I mean it stinks for these smaller dealers, I get it, but it doesn't have to stink for me too if I can get myself to a place where we can work together despite this auto market situation.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My opinion is geographic region absolutely plays a part. A dealer with little or no competition for hundreds of miles won't be as eager to reduce price. I live in an area where there is literally 16 RAM dealers in a 60 mile radius. You better believe some of them are hungrier. Now, these days while supply is short and demand is high, they're sticking closer to MSRP but the larger dealerships still negotiate. As an example, I have 2 RAM dealers within 10 minutes of my home. They both offered $500 in RAM bucks and played the "that's all we can do...if you don't want it, someone else will buy it" game on me. I went to the dealer I've been using for 9 years that's 28 miles away (got 2 RAMs and a Jeep from them). They gave me $4900 off MSRP (about 9%) which I think is good in this environment. The bigger dealerships are willing to make less per unit and make it up on volume (they also get greater incentives from the factory if they hit higher targets). Just my opinion and experience.

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I must not have worked their website correctly, at Mark Dodge I only saw a few 1500's and no HD models..

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
They both...played the "that's all we can do...if you don't want it, someone else will buy it" game on me.

Dealers only play games they can win. They may not have won on you (good for you!), but they won on most people they talked to. It's nice for people to walk away from this as you did....But I do laugh when the walker has an , "I got the best of them" attitude. No, you didn't....They got the best of the next ten suckers that walked in their door and you are not missed.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Dealers only play games they can win. They may not have won on you (good for you!), but they won on most people they talked to. It's nice for people to walk away from this as you did....But I do laugh when the walker has an , "I got the best of them" attitude. No, you didn't....They got the best of the next ten suckers that walked in their door and you are not missed.

Correct. And I'm ok with them making some profit - they're a business after all. But if you treat people right and don't act like you're doing them a favor to sell you a vehicle, you'll have a return customer such as me and referrals as well.
I actually said to the sales manager of the dealership I used (I'm paraphrasing)..."I'm a repeat customer because you always had aggressive pricing and didn't play games. I know supply is short and demand is high, but if you gouge me now when the market is favorable to you, I won't forget. Don't choose to make a few more bucks now but ruin a steady customer in the future". He actually looked up my history and we were able to come to an agreement. I was also reasonable in my expectations - I knew they couldn't be as aggressive as they usually are but I wanted to see some movement.

dklozik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Im just outside of Houston and got right at 10% off on mine. Finding something equipped the way you want it and getting a decent deal down here is getting more difficult by the day.

727Jay

Reaction score
I ordered my 22 Longhorn from a dealer about 200 miles from home and they matched a price from another dealer farther away. It was 8000 below MSRP. All I did was ask them if they could match another offer. I was very surprised anyone would come off that much these days.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
... I'm ok with them making some profit - they're a business after all.
I wish everyone had this outlook. Profit AIN'T a dirty word, and without it, none of us...none of us...would have jobs. It's just a matter of what profit is fair, and that is what some desk managers DON'T understand, may they rot in hell.

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
try calling Kyle at South Point Dodge Ram in Austin Tx. not only did they come off msrp by about 14% but gave me 0% for 6 years . this was April 2021 they picked me up at the airport and filled truck up with gas and did 90 % of the transaction over the phone with only a few signatures to complete the purchase. flew in from illinois

dotcomdewd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am outside of Austin and purchased a 2022 Rebel two weeks ago for 3K above MSRP due to supply and demand :| Still stings but it's a nice truck.

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
the Rebels snd TRX models seem to be bringing a premium price tag , due to like u said availability and demand for those particular models. definitely the region one lives in plays a huge part in pricing. Where i am at in small central illinois region they act like they r dealing but they don’t. why would i fly to Texas to buy a truck ? i know! to save $10,000 more and get 0 percent for 6 years. last thing i said to my dealer in illinois was “that is your bottom dollar out the door” i never went back. to the internet i went to search for whAt i wanted. so glad i did . don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.