"Perform Maintenance" in display.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Two issues really, may or may not be related.

I've been having this "perform maintenance" popup for a week or so on startup; couldn't figure out what it was about. All my filter changes are up to date.

Had the engine logo pop up in the display Saturday and took it in to the Ram dealer today. It was a NOx problem (don't know much about the system). They replaced it and cleared the code - good to go.

Well, a bit ago the "perform maintenance" popped up again. I had guessed when they fixed the NOx problem it would go away. Should that have been noticed when they did the diagnostics?

The only thing I can think of is the CCI filter. Truck has 72K on it an never changed. I'll do it my self. I really didn't know this filter existed until an hour ago.

What else could it be?
How do I stop the popup? Is there a reset?

OP
OP
B

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Added: 2015 Megacab 2500 diesel. 72K

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think I've seen this on message forums before and it's a DPF or some diesel specific emission thing. I'm a gas guy so am not too much help. Have you checked the manual for that specific message?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's the Crankcase Ventilation filter reminder that pops up that Perform Service

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
Unless reset the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

OP
OP
B

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
It's the Crankcase Ventilation filter reminder that pops up that Perform Service

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
Unless reset the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

OP
OP
B

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks much

sycoink

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 auto megacab leveling kit with 35s
Engine
6.7 cummins
That light comes on at 67,500 miles, funny you just it. There are all kinds of YouTube videos on how to do it and how to reset the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take filter apart clean all paper and glue crap out. Then put it back together and reinstall. Then remove the hose from turbo and extend it down to underneath truck. Cap port on turbo do not leave it open. I replaced the hose with heater hose and put a screen over end under truck to keep dirt dobbers out.
Might have to remove intake tube from turbo to have room. With intake tube off you'll see where oil was going into the turbo intake. (Not good) All the 5.9's vented to atmosphere.

ERNEST FERNANDEZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry for hijacking the thread. Does this service have to be performed right away? I've heard if not done, it can go to limp mode. I'm at a little over 67500 miles now and I need to go out of town this weekend. Trip is roughly 300-350 miles. Does anyone have any experience with this and driving your truck beyond that mileage?

ERNEST FERNANDEZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry for hijacking the thread. Does this service have to be performed right away? I've heard if not done, it can go to limp mode. I'm at a little over 67500 miles now and I need to go out of town this weekend. Trip is roughly 300-350 miles. Does anyone have any experience with this and driving your truck beyond that mileage?

ERNEST FERNANDEZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You’ll be fine, it won’t go into limp mode for the crankcase filter.