Performance-Curst Exhaust Systems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys was looking for exhaust and came apon performance-curve on eBay. The sell catback exhausts with you choice (of popular brand muffler) for only 400 CDN! Which is crazy cheap. Has anybody herd or felt with these guys? What's the difference between their catback system and a full Megnaflow or Flastmaster catback that warrants the 400-500 dollar difference? Is just name or is there other factors that apply here? Here's a link to the system as well http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-14-Dodge...rel-Bent-w-14-MagnaFlow-Muffler-/201516213700

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
aluminum pipe instead of 304 stainless. If they use salt by you it will last 1 year most likely

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh I didn't notice it was only aluminum pipe, no good for me then. I live next to the salt water lol

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
yeah it would get destroyed reallll quick then. Now if you lived in the middle of the desert it would be perfect hahaha

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hahahaha yeah still not as good as 304 stainless tho lol **** that ****.mill save up for the good stuff, full magnaflow!

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahahaha yeah still not as good as 304 stainless tho lol **** that ****.mill save up for the good stuff, full magnaflow!

Look at Mbrp I found they were cheaper than magnaflow and flowmaster and I like the sound on my 05

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i mean if you already have the stock dual system, you will be better off just getting the muffler and new tips if you want. The rear of the stock exhaust system is pretty good.

The only things that are bad on the stock exhaust is the y pipe and the headers.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmm really how much did you pay. As I can get a full magnaflow for 865

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
True but the stock piping is only 2.25 right? In and out, while the Meganflow is 3 in and 2.5 out plus it gets rid of those damn resi's on the end. Plus 5.5" tails which I can find anywhere for a 2.25 pipe

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh well that's cheap, still like over 600 cdn I'm talking 865 cdn? And with black pipes (as I hate the look of chrome/stainless)

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid 450 usd for my stainless kit

Do you have any pics of how it looks going up and over the axle and are you stock, lifted or lowered?
I need some new pipes to redo my hack job someone did and not having luck finding a shop to touch it for a decent price. but not sure this kit tucks tight to the body/frame to clear a lowered truck well

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol I won't have this problem as I have a 9" lift on 37's

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have any pics of how it looks going up and over the axle and are you stock, lifted or lowered?

I need some new pipes to redo my hack job someone did and not having luck finding a shop to touch it for a decent price. but not sure this kit tucks tight to the body/frame to clear a lowered truck well

Look at there web site lol

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look at there web site lol

Well considering their website only shows the parts pictured on the floor and no installed pics is why I asked... Some of us actually research things before we ask questions or for others to share things that they have installed...

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just thought of this actually as I realized that the magnaflow is 3 in 2.5 out. Does anyone know if any company that makes a 3 in 3 out catback

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just thought of this actually as I realized that the magnaflow is 3 in 2.5 out. Does anyone know if any company that makes a 3 in 3 out catback

3" in to 3" dual out would be way over kill. 2.5" dual is more than sufficient

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know about on these trucks but I watched a video. Where they used a supercharged mod motor with cut outs as a base test. They then tried different diameters of tail pipe to see what lost or gained horse power. The 2.5 lost a nice bit while the 3" was just short of the hp curve of the cutouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVXvHkr-Vs