Performance increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kalvin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi in it, I’m just looking for something to increase the performance of it as it has quite a bit of throttle lag and some added HP would be great too. I’m not looking to spend to much but what are your suggestions to what I could add or do to improve it in those areas?

FamilyWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pedal commander for the throttle response, I personally don’t have one but they get good reviews

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I have the Pedal Commander and it definitely eliminated the pedal lag ... if you want a few more HP you can do the Edge Pulsar piggyback ECU. supposed to cure the lag and add 30hp ...

OP
OP
K

Kalvin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Pedal Commander and it definitely eliminated the pedal lag ... if you want a few more HP you can do the Edge Pulsar piggyback ECU. supposed to cure the lag and add 30hp ...

Ok thanks a bunch. I’ll look into that and see which one would be better for me

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1st you’re in the 5th gen forums and your rig is a 4th gen.
Procharger and a custom tune will get you the best bang.
If looking to keep the cost down you could just do a pedal controller, I prefer the 9-Drive over the pedal commander as they are a fraction of the price, work exactly the same but don’t throw codes like mine did.
A custom tune alone will help with pedal lag and give a few more ponies for around 5-800$$.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
1st you’re in the 5th gen forums and your rig is a 4th gen.
Procharger and a custom tune will get you the best bang.
If looking to keep the cost down you could just do a pedal controller, I prefer the 9-Drive over the pedal commander as they are a fraction of the price, work exactly the same but don’t throw codes like mine did.
A custom tune alone will help with pedal lag and give a few more ponies for around 5-800$$.
He's in Canada,you aren't tuning a 16 Ram in Canada for much under $1200.He needs an unlocked PCM before he can tune it,then he'll need either a HP tune,or Diablo tune

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'd start with a Pedal Commander (or other brands) as it's quite considerable the difference in throttle response.

I brought my truck to the dealer a few weeks back and removed it in case and haven't put it back on. Man what a difference. Can't wait to reconnect it. :)

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He's in Canada,you aren't tuning a 16 Ram in Canada for much under $1200.He needs an unlocked PCM before he can tune it,then he'll need either a HP tune,or Diablo tune
Ok. Didn’t look into what country he lived in. Maybe since this site obviously has people posting from many countries they should put it under their user name instead of having to click on their user name as I'm not clicking on each user to determine where they live.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's your goal with the added power? Are you looking to drag race the truck are just looking for a little better response? What's your budget?

Throttle lag can be cured easily with a $50 to $300 investment. A pedal commander or other less expensive module's can be plugged in to solve that.

Superchargers and turbos will add great power but cost several thousands of dollars, not to mention the cost of supporting parts needed like header exhaust, throttle body and tune plus labor to install all of it.

What's your end goal?

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My next truck will have the 3.92 rear end.

I'll put on Shorty headers, and if need be, a Petal Commander. That all. I've had 2 Tuned vehicles. And they run well. But for me, they aren't worth the hassle and expense.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would start with the Pedal Commander. It will eliminate throttle lag and also feel like the truck has more power. It is an in-expensive option and something that you will feel the difference from in pretty much all driving scenarios. We have them in stock. Message me if you would like a quote

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Torque converter with a 3000 stall and a 3.92:1 ring and pinion. If it doesn't have a limited slip differential, put one in with the gears and crush sleave eliminator kit.