Performance

Treburkulosis

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 70 1/2 to 73 TA's were the best looking TA's ever built in my opinion. I was still in high school when a buddies Dad bought a 73SD,talk about a tire roasting car,lol.He didn't get to bring the car to town very often,but when he did,the rear tires were always short alot of tread the next morning,lol. White with blue stripes and a blue interior ,the car was eye candy to us 16 year old kids back then,lol
I agree the early 70s TA's looked really good. I thought up through 78 they really looked good. I grew up in the back of an 83 TA stick car. My mom actually drove stick lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I agree the early 70s TA's looked really good. I thought up through 78 they really looked good. I grew up in the back of an 83 TA stick car. My mom actually drove stick lol.
My wife drives stick better then most men can,and has more dragstrip passes under her belt then most guys do,lol.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
My wife drives stick better then most men can,and has more dragstrip passes under her belt then most guys do,lol.
You may not know how right you actually are. We can't find "men" with CDL license that can drive a manual truck. We actually offer higher pay for anyone that can drive a manual over an automatic. There are more women then men that are able to drive them. Never thought I'd see the day when your CDL says "automatic only" on them. Guess they have a free hand to text now!

Treburkulosis

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats awesome! My wife drove a 90s stick Saturn until 09 I believe is when she traded it in. Driving stick is a lost art now days. I saw a shirt at summit that had 3 pedals and it said Millennials anti theft lol. I drove stick for ever, but I hate that its getting harder and harder to get in a new muscle car. There was a time everything I owned was stick. I like being in control of my vehicle.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I remember my daughters first car was a '95 Plymouth Neon 4 cyl 5 speed. She went with us to the drag strip and came up against a guy in a Duster and he looked over and laughed at her. Of course we was runnig ET's but she ended up eliminating him, wiped that smile off his face! A lot of the time women's reaction times are quicker than men's, never assume. I was very proud of her not letting him intimidate her. She can drive a manual with the best of them!

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I remember my daughters first car was a '95 Plymouth Neon 4 cyl 5 speed. She went with us to the drag strip and came up against a guy in a Duster and he looked over and laughed at her. Of course we was runnig ET's but she ended up eliminating him, wiped that smile off his face! A lot of the time women's reaction times are quicker than men's, never assume. I was very proud of her not letting him intimidate her. She can drive a manual with the best of them!
Floor it on the last yellow. Usually always landed me near perfect reaction times.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The wife and i ended up in the finals 1 time,and she had me easily covered as she ran right on her dial-in,but she turned on the red light by .001,to this day she still claims the trophy as hers,lol. She was about as mad as a hornet that day,lol

Last edited:

Freeland Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
my 2013 Ram 2500 crew long box would do 132 then it ran out of motor. The Cummins redlines at 3200. I cant imagine a 6.4 with a 6500 cap. It should do 150 which is to fast for a truck; anything faster than 132 is just stupid so don't do it. (I don't like to loose a race) lmao

Yarek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 magnum
You may not know how right you actually are. We can't find "men" with CDL license that can drive a manual truck. We actually offer higher pay for anyone that can drive a manual over an automatic. There are more women then men that are able to drive them. Never thought I'd see the day when your CDL says "automatic only" on them. Guess they have a free hand to text now!

I learned how to drive when I was 8, and it was an 8 ton (empty weight) truck, back in Poland. Stick, of course! 11.1L, 200hp engine. 50mph top speed, on a good day, when empty :)
When my right arm was broken and in a cast, I was just shifting with my left hand, while steering with my casted elbow :) if there is a will, there is a way.
I held a commercial license in Europe before coming over here. Working in a completely different line of work now, but I wonder if I should look back at driving semis. It is tough work, mostly away from home, I ain't missing that, but if the pay is good enough... I heard there is a shortage of drivers now, huh?

KLook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I heard there is a shortage of drivers now, huh?
If you can drive a truck you can get a job ANYWHERE in the US right now. Shaw (carpet company) in Dalton Ga was paying a $20,000 bonus because they can't get drivers.