Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I grew up with one of the last Hemi Chargers built,my uncle bought the car brand new.The car is still kicking around and was featured in Mopar Action a couple months ago.The car was buttt ugly when he bought it,and still is ugly,but it was a Hemi,which was it's only saving grace,lol

Attachments

• IMG_4237 (2).JPG
    IMG_4237 (2).JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4242 (2).JPG
    IMG_4242 (2).JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4238 (2).JPG
    IMG_4238 (2).JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4243 (2).JPG
    IMG_4243 (2).JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I grew up with one of the last Hemi Chargers built,my uncle bought the car brand new.The car is still kicking around and was featured in Mopar Action a couple months ago.The car was buttt ugly when he bought it,and still is ugly,but it was a Hemi,which was it's only saving grace,lol
With the exception of the green interior I would have loved to have that car. They were very good looking car to me. Loved the long hood, needed binoculars to see the hood emblem! LOL

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
With the exception of the green interior I would have loved to have that car. They were very good looking car to me. Loved the long hood, needed binoculars to see the hood emblem! LOL
My Uncle loved green,but to me it wasn't the prettiest Green Ma Mopar ever had,lol. He traded a 68 383 4 speed Road Runner off on it,that was also green,lol. The RR had the 3.91's and was far faster to a 100 mph then the Charger was with 3.23's and an automatic,but after a 100 mph there weren't many cars that would stay with it,lol .My Dad had a 68 428 Galaxi at the time,with 3.89 gears it used to eat his younger brothers Hemi till 125,but then the old 428 would run out of RPM,and the Hemi would start to reel it in,lol. As a kid i remember my Dad rubbing it in that his 428 was quicker to 125,and my uncle being a bit perturbed,but that's what older brothers always do,lol

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have to admit that Mopars seemed to be the hardest to launch out of the hole but it always felt so good to catch 'em and pass 'em and smile as you go by. Kinda like "getting the last laugh".

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My 2001 V10 gets to 100 relatively quickly but it takes forever to get to 120. It does eventually get there. It's lifted and has a tall camper shell, too.
That's pretty impressive to me! I had a '96 Sport with the 360 V-8, had no problem getting to 120 but it was a RCSB. I always liked the 2nd gen Dodges. Their what started this "big" truck war that's still going today!

Canadian-Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Shorty (RCSB)
Engine
5.7 L
Reminds me of a road I drove going to and from work when I was younger. This was a 4 lane highway where the 2 lanes going north was on a lower level than the 2 lanes going south and you could see for a mile (was in the mountains) so there was no way you could meet a cop coming from the other direction. Any car I had I would bury the speedometer going there just to make sure it was running right. Drove a '68 Road Runner for 8 years going to and from work, It only registered 120 but it seen it at least twice a day. That was when we mostly had bias ply tires with no speed rating. That's why I believe the tires we have today are so much better and I take the top speed rating with a grain of salt. I'm sure they make sure they cover their b u t t with speed ratings they put on them. How I miss those days, don't get as much chance to endanger my life like that anymore! LOL
Yah All thru the 80's I drove a 429 Cobra Jet in a 75 Torino, my cruising speed was 120 MPH going to college early in the mornings, and if we saw a OPP car, I'd just kicker down (Car would downshift the C6 into second - manual rod attached to carb that actually kicked tranny down a gear) and drive out of their lives. If memory serves me speed rated tires didn't come out to mid 90's, and we only had 16 main tire sizes back then.

Like anything, I imagine lawsuits are why we have speed rated tires today, and lap seat belts which were an option on some of the cars I've had in the past.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful little car.I still think they were the best looking car to come out of the 80's and 90's. For the day they were unbeatable. My younger brother bought a 90 brand new,and he beat the living crapp out of the car,and couldn't kill it.The T-5 was the weak link in them,but his took a pile of 5500 rpm clutch drops and never missed a beat. They were virtually bulletproof on street tires,and a riot to drive,light and fast. To this day,he still kicks his asss for trading the little car off on a truck.
They really were excellent cars. I stayed on a stock 8.8 with 4.10s for a long time and did a lot of drag racing. Car had somewhere at the time around 400 hp and with my Tremec and slicks I would launch it at 6k. I ran the F cam so it was a boost cam, but the lope and the power band was amazing. You could easy it out of 5th into 4th and just let off the clutch on the freeway and it would chirp the tires. My 93 GT is the one I am speaking about here and man I wish I had never gotten rid of that car. It was bright red with black interior. It had an interesting story behind why it only had 36k miles on it back in the early 00s. I traded it even for my 67 rs ss Camaro. That was my one and only coupe. I always preferred the GT hatch cars. They just had such a mean look. Especially with the skinny and big welds.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 70 1/2 to 73 TA's were the best looking TA's ever built in my opinion. I was still in high school when a buddies Dad bought a 73SD,talk about a tire roasting car,lol.He didn't get to bring the car to town very often,but when he did,the rear tires were always short alot of tread the next morning,lol. White with blue stripes and a blue interior ,the car was eye candy to us 16 year old kids back then,lol
I agree the early 70s TA's looked really good. I thought up through 78 they really looked good. I grew up in the back of an 83 TA stick car. My mom actually drove stick lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I agree the early 70s TA's looked really good. I thought up through 78 they really looked good. I grew up in the back of an 83 TA stick car. My mom actually drove stick lol.
My wife drives stick better then most men can,and has more dragstrip passes under her belt then most guys do,lol.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My wife drives stick better then most men can,and has more dragstrip passes under her belt then most guys do,lol.
You may not know how right you actually are. We can't find "men" with CDL license that can drive a manual truck. We actually offer higher pay for anyone that can drive a manual over an automatic. There are more women then men that are able to drive them. Never thought I'd see the day when your CDL says "automatic only" on them. Guess they have a free hand to text now!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats awesome! My wife drove a 90s stick Saturn until 09 I believe is when she traded it in. Driving stick is a lost art now days. I saw a shirt at summit that had 3 pedals and it said Millennials anti theft lol. I drove stick for ever, but I hate that its getting harder and harder to get in a new muscle car. There was a time everything I owned was stick. I like being in control of my vehicle.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I remember my daughters first car was a '95 Plymouth Neon 4 cyl 5 speed. She went with us to the drag strip and came up against a guy in a Duster and he looked over and laughed at her. Of course we was runnig ET's but she ended up eliminating him, wiped that smile off his face! A lot of the time women's reaction times are quicker than men's, never assume. I was very proud of her not letting him intimidate her. She can drive a manual with the best of them!

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I remember my daughters first car was a '95 Plymouth Neon 4 cyl 5 speed. She went with us to the drag strip and came up against a guy in a Duster and he looked over and laughed at her. Of course we was runnig ET's but she ended up eliminating him, wiped that smile off his face! A lot of the time women's reaction times are quicker than men's, never assume. I was very proud of her not letting him intimidate her. She can drive a manual with the best of them!
Floor it on the last yellow. Usually always landed me near perfect reaction times.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The wife and i ended up in the finals 1 time,and she had me easily covered as she ran right on her dial-in,but she turned on the red light by .001,to this day she still claims the trophy as hers,lol. She was about as mad as a hornet that day,lol

Last edited:

Freeland Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
my 2013 Ram 2500 crew long box would do 132 then it ran out of motor. The Cummins redlines at 3200. I cant imagine a 6.4 with a 6500 cap. It should do 150 which is to fast for a truck; anything faster than 132 is just stupid so don't do it. (I don't like to loose a race) lmao

Yarek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 magnum
You may not know how right you actually are. We can't find "men" with CDL license that can drive a manual truck. We actually offer higher pay for anyone that can drive a manual over an automatic. There are more women then men that are able to drive them. Never thought I'd see the day when your CDL says "automatic only" on them. Guess they have a free hand to text now!

I learned how to drive when I was 8, and it was an 8 ton (empty weight) truck, back in Poland. Stick, of course! 11.1L, 200hp engine. 50mph top speed, on a good day, when empty :)
When my right arm was broken and in a cast, I was just shifting with my left hand, while steering with my casted elbow :) if there is a will, there is a way.
I held a commercial license in Europe before coming over here. Working in a completely different line of work now, but I wonder if I should look back at driving semis. It is tough work, mostly away from home, I ain't missing that, but if the pay is good enough... I heard there is a shortage of drivers now, huh?

KLook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I heard there is a shortage of drivers now, huh?
If you can drive a truck you can get a job ANYWHERE in the US right now. Shaw (carpet company) in Dalton Ga was paying a $20,000 bonus because they can't get drivers.