Phone mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
You could but for the base that directly bolts on to your dash and no headaches it's really not a bad price. The time to make and buy all the components I think you would be the same price.
Fair point. With my truck still on the way i only have videos and pictures in my mind. Good news is its in the shipping process so hopefully soon!

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ha
Fair point. With my truck still on the way i only have videos and pictures in my mind. Good news is its in the shipping process so hopefully soon!

I have access to a full sheet metal shop and materials with skills to make most things. The thing I don't have is time with work and family I don't have time to take a **** most days lol. Most people don't evaluate their time anymore.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I ha

I have access to a full sheet metal shop and materials with skills to make most things. The thing I don't have is time with work and family I don't have time to take a **** most days lol. Most people don't evaluate their time anymore.
And then there is that. Indeed, time is a cost many people don’t evaluate.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So I recently purchased the Bulletpoint system for my 2016 Ram 2500. But when I went to install it I noticed the screw on the drivers side was loose. After further investigation the little metal clip that the screw goes through from factory was stripped out (by the previous owner as I purchased the truck used). I’ve been googling for over an hour and can’t seem to find any part number for this clip. I came across this thread and had to go through the process of getting a new password cause I haven’t logged in here in a long time.

Does anyone have a part number for the clip that the screw goes through from factory? Or maybe a listing to a universal piece I can replace it with? Thank you in advance.
Can't help with the clip part # but I do have a couple suggestions.
Add a drop of blue loctite to that loose screw, once it sets up it'll hold pretty well in place. Also, There should be a 3rd screw for the "optional" mounting directly into the dash as well as the 3M adhesive strips.

Munky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I finally found the clips I needed to replace my broken ones. Installed my Bulletpoint mount and I am very impressed with it. What I am not impressed with though is the tray that it mounts to. It's still loose and feels like it's going to pop out of it's location whenever I hit large bumps on the road, or when I'm traveling on an unpaved road to get to camping spots. I added a 3rd screw to the Bulletpoint mount to try and help secure it more but it's the factory "tray" that seems to be moving around. Has anyone found a solution to this without destroying the tray or making it so that it can't be put back to stock easily and leave no trace of modification behind? TIA

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Just mounted mine today and didn't have the same issue you're facing with the screw clip. Sorry
Wanted to add for those who really like the RAM Mount products....Bulletpoint sells an adapter to swap one of the ends out so that you can put a 1" ball on it (25mm) vs. the standard for Bulletpoint which is (20MM). So you get the best of both worlds!!
I ordered for this picture:

Metal Series 2013-2018 RAM Truck & 2019+ RAM 1500 Classic Dual 20mm Ball Dash Base
Carbon Fiber/Kevlar Hybrid Mount Arm - Matte Finish Long 10cm - (so I could get closer to driver side - next size up from standard size)
Flange Socket - Converts 20mm arm end to accommodate 1" ball 2-Pack

On my 4runner, I used all RAM components and came up with very similar solution as you see in picture, except I mounted a USB charger with double sided tape to the center of the RAM mount you see in picture here. Is very thin, but charges through my case so Ram Mount can still hold phone while it charges. Ran the cable in the dash to USB power supply double tapped into fuse box and charged my cell phone while in Ram mount. Am adding a USB charger to this one as well, and will post final pictures. But am using:

- Only 4mm thick

Attachments

• 20221014_133055.jpg
    20221014_133055.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221014_163037.jpg
    20221014_163037.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20221014_163052.jpg
    20221014_163052.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just ordered one of these, thanks for sharing. I've been looking for something like this for what seems like forever!
Could you please let me know the dimensions of the ProClip mount plate itself (the one which is attached to the mount bracket)? I'm looking to mount an accessory on there and looking for the exact dimensions. Thanks

proclip.jpg

Scrounger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 mega cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins
Has anyone tried one of these bullet point ram phone mount? They utilize the ram ball and socket mount. Neat idea and considering something like this for our long trips.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1146.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1146.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 17

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I use the Bulletpoint to hold my wireless phone mounts.
View attachment 512115

Questions:
- Does the base of the bullet point mount, actually use screws to hold it down to the truck, or does is use dual sided tape/adhesives?
- Does the base plate prevent access to the 12v socket that's sitting right there?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Questions:
- Does the base of the bullet point mount, actually use screws to hold it down to the truck, or does is use dual sided tape/adhesives?
- Does the base plate prevent access to the 12v socket that's sitting right there?
- The base screws down using the bezel's existing mounting holes. If I remember correctly the base also came with double sided tape which I did not use.
- The base does not interfere with the 12v socket. Both of my wireless phone mounts are using the 12v socket

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
- The base screws down using the bezel's existing mounting holes. If I remember correctly the base also came with double sided tape which I did not use.
- The base does not interfere with the 12v socket. Both of my wireless phone mounts are using the 12v socket
Which charger/mounts are those?

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the dual mount as well. It comes with double stick tape and also screws. It will work with either or both. I used both.

I use mine to hold the screen for the Furrion camera system and TST tire pressure monitoring system that camebwith My travel trailer. I'm using the arms with the magnets at the end where you stick a metal plate to the back of the device. For nav I used Google maps through android auto so I don't really need to look at my phone.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Can someone tell me why they like having their phone mounted that high? I'm not knocking it, and if it works for you that's great. I just can't see a reason I'd need to mount my phone in my line of sight while I'm driving. The stock phone holder position works fine for my use if I need to charge it. Other than that it stays in my pocket. Any phone calls I get show up on the uconnect screen.
It's not in line of site. I put mine in with the Ram Mount conversion end and have the Ram mount holder with USB charger in center so while holding phone its charging too! Awesome all the way!!

Here's some details on what options I put in: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/phone-mount.189059/post-2716228

Last edited: