Picked up a new 2021 Night Edition 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randallwoodward

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new truck. I too, a week ago got one too. Blk 1500 crew bighorn. 12" screen, wow this is different from my trade in... a Silverado LT. I'll get some pics, been crappy weather for pics here.. adding a 3.5 lift and 35"s in a week or so.
Can't wait to see it. Congrats!

OP
OP
randallwoodward

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheels are tricky as we would need more information, size, style, is weight an issue so for that no so on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm looking at 33" or roughly 275/60/20s. I don't like the look of them sticking out beyond the fenders so basically stock but maybe a little biased towards fully flush. I don't know what the stock offset is. I guess I can look that up. I'm deciding between Cooper, Toyo, Hankook, Nitro AT tires.

Last edited:

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thinking the same. Great looking truck but never understood the leasing aspect.
Nice choice, you’re going to lease but add the stuff you have listed ? What happens to those things at the end of the lease ?

I used to buy but in recent years I began leasing. I'm retired and don't put as many miles on it and simply can't be bothered dealing with out of warranty issues, replacing water pumps, rotors, etc. I'm at a different stage in life. I worked hard, came out of a risky career and been there, done that with doing my own work on vehicles.

I don't understand why people "never understood the leasing aspect". I get a new truck every three years. It just works for me. For what it's worth, this last round of leasing worked even better because the leasing company contacted me to turn in the truck early. I turned it in 3 months early, they waived the remaining payments and because of the equity and rising values cut me a check for $4200.

The first thing I do with a new truck is replace the tires and install a tonneau cover. I usually would remove and transfer these to the new vehicle and put the originals back on to turn it in. But since the ones I just removed from my last truck were a different size, I sold them privately and bought new ones. I sold a set of Falken A/T3W's for $400 which pays for half of my new ones and I sold a Bakflip tri-fold tonneau for $350, which I put towards a new Bak Revolver that I wanted to try out.

Summary: It just works for me. It may not be right for you and that's ok, right?