Plastic Christmas tree trim kits??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KX5jeron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I had to remove the insulation under the hood to fix my windshield spray nozzle. Of course I broke most of the plastic Christmas tree clips that hold the liner on. They are like $4 a pop at the dealer.

Does anyone have a link to a kit that has only the plastic trim clips used on these trucks? Or at least mopar as I also have a Jeep.

They ones I've looked at online seem to have a lot of them that I don't think I would use and just seems like a waste..

It's a 05 jeep and 2015 ram 2500 if that makes a difference.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Try all mopar parts, a forum vender, maybe he will have better pricing.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought some wider ones at my local parts store. Was only a few bucks for a 4 pack. I'd suggest just dropping by yours with one of the broken ones and see what they have.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I had to remove the insulation under the hood to fix my windshield spray nozzle. Of course I broke most of the plastic Christmas tree clips that hold the liner on. They are like $4 a pop at the dealer.

Does anyone have a link to a kit that has only the plastic trim clips used on these trucks? Or at least mopar as I also have a Jeep.

They ones I've looked at online seem to have a lot of them that I don't think I would use and just seems like a waste..

It's a 05 jeep and 2015 ram 2500 if that makes a difference.
Benny @AllMoparParts.com get the factory ones and be done with it. The Amazon ones are always close but not right

OP
OP
K

KX5jeron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Does anyone know if the clips that go under the hood are the same that they use everywhere else? Like wheel well covers, etc? I had like 3 different styles that I took out of the hood, but the same 6 fit just fine putting it back on.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try this place for all of your clips and fasteners /

Exactly. I've found almost everything from wheel liner clips to interior door panel clips and everything else I needed from that site.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I think that i bought mine at a NAPA store
They were on one of those rotating racks

I discovered the best way to remove those clips from the dust cover for the radiator or any place similar, is not to lift the clip itself, but to lift off the insulation or black cardboard with the christmas tree clip still in it.
I use a plastic trim tool to pry it out

They are handy for many things on our trucks

https://www.google.com/search?q=pla...0l8j0i390.28017j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Suggest you hit up your local auto body supply store. They will have them in a box of 25 for what you'd pay mopar for 4 clips.

That clips and fasteners website looks good too. I've not heard of them. Thanks for that.

I forget the brand but they are identical to OEM and come in a green and white box.

I also just bought an assortment pack for my 2007 Rav4, was like $30 for a big assortment.

Never go to the OEM for clips and fasteners unless it's a highly specialized piece. Otherwise you pay $3,4,5 per clip in some cases which is just crazy.