plastic engine cover removal on 2020 6.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it should be simple as lifting up on it and pulling forward but is there something I am missing? It seems solid as a rock and I am afraid I am going to break it if i pull any harder. I am getting ready to go to moab and going to be doing the white rim trail i a few days and I like heating up my lunch by wrapping it in aluminum foil and letting it heat up on the engine and I was looking for the ideal spot but the cover does not want to budge. thanks

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
This is news to me..

It should just pull up slightly, then pull forward.

But please dont break anything on my account. Lets wait to see what someone else comes in with.

OP
OP
retired

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is news to me..

It should just pull up slightly, then pull forward.

But please dont break anything on my account. Lets wait to see what someone else comes in with.
yup it did. I was a little surprised how much it took to get off compared all the other engine covers I am used too. unfortunately does not look like there is a great place to cook corn dogs and burritos under there lol.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
yup it did. I was a little surprised how much it took to get off compared all the other engine covers I am used too. unfortunately does not look like there is a great place to cook corn dogs and burritos under there lol.

probably because your truck is new. everything is still nice and tight.

Sorry about your corn dogs! hahaha.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
OP
OP