Plastic/rubber bumper repair idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennRH

Military
Reaction score
My kid has a car with one of those bumpers, not sure the exact wording. Anyway she has a small gouge in it maybe 3/4 inch round and 3/8 deep, obviously showing a blackish color that stands out against the bumpers gray/silver paint. Naturally she has no idea how it happened. I'm sure I could fill it and just touch up that paint so it did not stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone know what to use as a filler? I was actually thinking just some paintable silicone caulk would bond well, smooth easily and take the touch up.

OP
OP
G

GlennRH

Military
Reaction score
Can try and get a pic next time she come's by. I have to get the paint code anyway. It seems her car came in like 6 various silver and light gray colors. Thanks for the links. I was just hoping silicone would bond and I could smooth it before it dries and eliminate sanding. I just know if I start sanding the touchup will be going from 3/4 inch to three inches.