Please help turn signal problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricci1009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 flex fuel
I've searched forums and threads and YouTube and haven't found anything specific to this. Some similar stuff regarding the turn signal switch. Two months ago I bought a 2016 ram 1500 slt. It's a v6. Everything was great. I pull a trailer all the time and all the lights worked fine. Recently my right rear turn signal blew. When I replaced the bulb it would light up steady. I've tried different bulbs and even swapped the known good one from the left side. It's absolutely not the bulb. When I put my right blinker on both of the rear signals light up steady (like the brake lights) After a few seconds they shut off in their own. When my trailer is connected the turn signals on the trailer flash line hazards. This is driving me crazy I'm not sure where to start. I'm hoping someone else has dealt with this.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The BCM controls the lighting circuits and if my memory serves me correctly, the trailer lighting is through relays in the BCM and the truck lighting is by BCM-mounted MOS-FETs. If it isn't a grounding issue then it may be a malfunctioning BCM.

Any after-market wiring installed?

OP
OP
T

Tricci1009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 flex fuel
No aftermarket wiring. And it does the same thing with the trailer unplugged. I tried to find the flasher relay but it seems its controlled by the fuse box or Tipm

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
In my experience weird electoral problems are usually a ground problem. Is there any way the right turn signal socket is no longer grounded properly?