Please Help Unconfuse Me - Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SATX2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Express and was researching on how to install OEM Remote Start. I have read quite a few threads about it and viewed several videos on youtube. I believe I have truly confused my brain. I did find the BCM above the emergency brake pad. I saw the connector that would have pin 11 (C1) and it looked like it was already populated. I checked the hood latch and saw the harness for the latch dangling behind it. I have the latch without the connector. So if I order the latch with the connector, connect it to the harness, activate in AlfaOBD, will that complete the process?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best way to tell is take a wire and ground out the connector for the hood latch and try. My truck has the connector for the hood latch. I grounded it and it did not work. I had to go back to the bcm and take a wire and ground the pin for the hood latch and that worked. I left it that way so I don’t have a hood latch. I don’t remember which pin it was though.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best way to tell is take a wire and ground out the connector for the hood latch and try. My truck has the connector for the hood latch. I grounded it and it did not work. I had to go back to the bcm and take a wire and ground the pin for the hood latch and that worked. I left it that way so I don’t have a hood latch. I don’t remember which pin it was though.
How did you insert the wire? So yours wasn't populated I take it?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was populated. I pulled it out and put in a new wire that has the proper pin that I got from another member into the designated slot and put everything back together. Could have just spliced a wire instead but I removed it completely and wired it to a ground inside the cab.

OP
OP
S

SATX2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was populated. I pulled it out and put in a new wire that has the proper pin that I got from another member into the designated slot and put everything back together. Could have just spliced a wire instead but I removed it completely and wired it to a ground inside the cab.
Which color ŵire was it - the solid purple or purple with stripe?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which color ŵire was it - the solid purple or purple with stripe?
I can’t remember. Look up the factory remote start wiring. That’s what I used to do it. That was over a year ago for me

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
On my ‘15 3500 the circuit was populated from the BCM to the plug under the fuse box. Just had to run the rest of the wire to the replacement latch.