Please Help... VP44 shaft was turned after uninstall... No idea what to do now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grex_Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v Cummins
01 Sport 3500 5.9l Cummins 24 valve
Edge Drag Comp Box
ATS Stage 6 47re

I was in the process of replacing the tappet cover gasket when this happened... I had the VP44 taken out and sitting on the bench while I was replacing the tappet cover gasket. My little brother came over to talk to me and while we were talking he was playing with the VP44 shaft, spinning it in both directions. I finally saw what he was doing and freaked out. He said he has no idea how many times it was turned in either direction. So I lined the shaft up with the groove again and installed the VP44. Well once I finished putting everything back together, I went to start it and now it just cranks without any attempt to start. I replaced the lift pump and I have 15psi at the VP44. So now im wondering if there was something that I should've done before installing the pump again? Im guessing the pump timing is probably way off and now it needs to be reset?