Please Help! Water Leaking into back seat storage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NEVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I’m new here, and barely getting acquainted with how these forums work, but I really need your help.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 and I have had the issue of water leaking into my truck, only underneath the back seat. I have put in a different brake light and still the problem persists. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! (The culprit has been found it was most definitely the exhausters behind the back seat… put in new ones hopefully they’ll do the trick because the old ones had no more flaps.)

Also, when I start my truck there’s a wierd kind of knocking sound, is this normal?

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Knock sound is not normal.

As long as you sealed the third brake light properly, check your vents behind the rear seat and the seal around rear window.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's the 3rd brake light seal/gasket. Real common issue.

Get some new foam and cut to fit. If you search it out, there are a lot of posts on it and how to fix.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Typically if it's the window frame or third brake light there's water stains on the headliner or down pillars.
If it's just under the seats it's probably the cab vents.

OP
OP
N

NEVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Knock sound is not normal.

As long as you sealed the third brake light properly, check your vents behind the rear seat and the seal around rear window.
Thank you! I found the culprit it is the cabin vents. Thanks!!

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For me it was the vents behind the back seat I used silicone from the inside around the edges has not leaked since.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post a video of the knocking? Good chance it’s due to either a bad exhaust gasket sealing or poor lubrication at startup which can be from oil bleed back or cheap oil. Oil bleed back is due to the anti drain back valve on the oil filter failing. Cheap oil is just that, cheap oil. Broken exhaust manifold bolts will cause the failed exhaust gasket seal.

JoeZee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I’m new here, and barely getting acquainted with how these forums work, but I really need your help.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 and I have had the issue of water leaking into my truck, only underneath the back seat. I have put in a different brake light and still the problem persists. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! (The culprit has been found it was most definitely the exhausters behind the back seat… put in new ones hopefully they’ll do the trick because the old ones had no more flaps.)

Also, when I start my truck there’s a wierd kind of knocking sound, is this normal?
Had this problem on my 2006 Laramie 2500 ? Check the rear air vents behind the rear seats

JoeZee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had this problem on my 2006 Laramie 2500 ! Check the cab vents behind the rear seats