Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l Stock
During my injector swap earlier today my hand hit a tiny hose as I was moving some cabling to the side. The hose is about 3/16 in diameter. As the hose was brittle, and pressurized with air, it snapped easy against my brake booster. A tiny hose comes out at the top of my firewall, and into a bigger hose, but then junctions to a smaller hose (which is the severed one), and down to just above the front drivers wheel well. Can someone identify what this hose actually does and how i can fix it permanently. As a temporary fix, I used two pieces of heat shrink tubing on it, and it seems solid at the moment. I'm not sure how long it'll hold up though. I'm not sure of the PSI inside of the hose. Any info would be much appreciated.

20190316_141734.jpg
20190316_141722.jpg

20190316_141808.jpg

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Looks like part of the vacuum system. Wierd things start happening when the vacuum lines are compromised.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, maybe running to the heater/AC ducting controls maybe?

T.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Hmmm, maybe running to the heater/AC ducting controls maybe?

T.

Yes, could affect those, 4wd, idle, cruise control, misfires, etc... If you start having any issues that you didn't have before, could be this. I think you could just wrap a little black tape around it for now to fix it until you get a new hose.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Magnum 5.7
Looks like part of the vacuum system. Wierd things start happening when the vacuum lines are compromised.
Same thing I thought. Turn your truck off and check your pedal. You should only be able to apply the brakes twice(easily). If you can't apply them at all or more than twice, ya got a problem with yer vacuum

OP
OP
Andrew Hansen

Andrew Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l Stock
Thanks all. I put two layers of heat shrink on it, and it seems ok for now. I haven't noticed any weird things at this point. No bubbling or sucking in on the wrap. I think this will work until i get the replacement hose.