PLEX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krank433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2022 Ram 1500 I bought came with the 12in UConnect touch screen. Is there a way I can access the movies I have on my iPhone via the PLEX app? The PLEX app is currently not an option/not a 'usable' app through the CarPlay feature... We are heading on a road trip and my kids would appreciate the movie viewing so any advice is welcome...

Also, has anyone figured out viewing live TV (ie DirecTV or Spectrum)?

Thanks!

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Not legal to have a video playing in your eyesight but….there are some magic boxes out there for 350 ish. Too expensive if you ask me for wireless car play and other media services.

For the price of the upgrade, not worth it. Get a RAM ball mount that fix’s to a weather tech style of cup phone holder and mount an iPad in it. Closer to the kids and likely you have an iPad or Android tablet in your house? :)

EDIT: It got me curious, lots of cheap 20$ options on amazon if you have a spare tablet or two.

Last edited: