Po18C code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerbear520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Driving home today my Engine light came on. Got my trusty OBD reader out. Came up with PO18C code.
Fuel Pressure Sensor B circuit. Truck ran fine, but no ECO light. I'm taking that the Fuel Pressure Sensor is bad. Tried to get the OBD reader to cancel the code, but it wouldn't let me. Since it is running OK. Can I drive the truck till I get the new sensor? I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn, Hemi.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Driving home today my Engine light came on. Got my trusty OBD reader out. Came up with PO18C code.
Fuel Pressure Sensor B circuit. Truck ran fine, but no ECO light. I'm taking that the Fuel Pressure Sensor is bad. Tried to get the OBD reader to cancel the code, but it wouldn't let me. Since it is running OK. Can I drive the truck till I get the new sensor? I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn, Hemi.
As an educated guess and forum opinion maker the truck is okay to drive. I would visually inspect the fuel lines and the tank for any issues though.

This DTC, P018C, Fuel Pressure Sensor Circuit Low, sets because the fuel pressure sensor voltage fell below 0.25V for more than five seconds. Circuit low DTC's are for low voltage which can be cause by a failed sensor or a short ti ground. Inspect the wiring and connector at the FRPS and verify that it is intact. You can measure the 5V supply circuit at the sensor with a DVOM. The the ignition to the "run" position and measure the voltage in the connector with the connector unplugged. If you have a steady 5V supply I would replace the sensor.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to replace mine about a year ago, same code, and the truck drove fine until I got to it. It is close to the firewall and kind of a PIA to reach it. There are several University of Utube videos on how to change it out. I think the Mopar part # is 68268053AB.

71ESyvxbBuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
Jerbear520

Jerbear520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I was going to order a new Fuel Pressure Sensor from E-Bay, but decided to call the local Ram Dealership to check if they had one in stock. Sure as heck, they had one. Cost was about $20.00 more than E-Bay's best price. I just decided to buy locally. Watched a little you-tube. Not a problem. That sucker sure is buried. Got it installed, engine trouble ls off. Life is good. Thanks for the comments.