po934 on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2013 ram 1500 with the 65RFE trans and I keep getting a p0934 pressure sensor circuit low. the wiring at the pig tail for the trans line pressure transducer looks good, fluid level looks good and only has about 20,000 miles on the fluid and filters. anyone else seen this before? has anyone fixed this by adding the inline line booster on the transducer electrical connector?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you change the seal for the canister filter ?

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
yes new seal on the canister filter. could that have gone bad causing the torque converter to bleed off fluid over night?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There is also the plastic threaded piece that screws into the trans that I’ve heard can crack, metal replacements are available.. I would pull the pan for an inspectin.

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
ill have to do that and see what i find! i wonder if it could be something else though where this code is for low voltage and not necessarily low pressure.

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
20220513_175722.jpgSo I found the cause of my p0934, p0868, p0870! the transmission filter blew apart right at the seam! on the plus side there was Absolutely no debris in the trans pan so I dought it caused any damage! now i have to check with napa and see if they will cover their obvious part failure...

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i would get the code only on start up because the cold fluid would be sitting below that crack

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What brand filter is that ?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for looking as that is definitely one to avoid in the future.

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
so i looked back through my records and it was an oreilly's filter. they do a 12month 12,000 warranty it but since i had done like 3 years and almost 30,000 i was out of luck... I wished i had looked this up sooner since the new one i put in is also an oreillys... i guess in 30,000 miles ill be doing it again. after i replaced the filter the p0934 came back the next day on startup. as i thought before, this is an electrical issue. the blown apart filter was something different, but im glad i caught it. when my cel first came on it was for p0870-OD Hydraulic Pressure Test fault and the truck would go into limp mode. the most common fix for that is the trans line pressure transducer. so i replaced it with a dorman part. then i started getting p0934 line pressure circuit low. that's when i started checking the pig tail to the transducer i just replaced and didn't find anything wrong, so i pulled the pan and found the split filter. when the same code came back after the filter change i checked the wiring from the tcm. I had good ground, 5v supply, and 5v ref. So i grabbed a transducer from a junk yard and put that in. it turns out my whole problem was the transducer in the first place, but the new dorman one i got is bad... and made in china... long story short... p0870 and p0934 were because of the bad transmission line pressure transducer and p0868 was because the the crack in the filter would suck air at high rpm... 3 days now with no codes and all readiness monitors have run!

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
on a side note, i did upgrade to the metal fitting for the spin on filter even though my plastic one was not cracked. it was only $9 on amazon.

sdshawn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so having some codes P2509,P0935,P0934,P0934 in that order. Trans service by me 50k ago with oem filters from dealer. My batteries are almost 4 years old and recently had to do a deep clean terminals rt bat wasnt getting a charge. so pretty sure the reason for the first code. I also changed out my transducer with a dorman at orielys and cleared codes but thats what coming back . checked pig tail and tested it and seems fine . I will be getting another transducer from the dealer so I can check that off . Im going to check my batteries again for charge and charging the truck fires right up every morning no issues.

I know old batteries can cause lots of gremlins and codes so I plan to keep throwing money at it untill I figure this out. The dealer wants 1200 for a new harness that is discontinued with no guarantee's it will fix my problems dealers suck. I do park on a slant in my driveway where trucks leans to the passenger front tire if that makes sense . My truck has 315k 6.7 ram 3500 4x4 I have no limp and shifts good but now and then rough 3 to 4 and down shift jerks sometimes.

Open to ideas thanks.

OP
OP
T

tallfetcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i would make sure to get a non-dorman transducer. my first transducer was a dorman and it was bad. the junkyard one i grabbed is still going strong with no codes. it also wouldn't hurt to service your trans again, however all of your codes are related to that transducer voltage not a bad filter or one that is leaking or sucking air. let us know how this turns out!