Votes: 66 20.3%
  • Mickey T's

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Falken Wildpeak.

Votes: 49 15.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 36 11.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Whatever you value the most, which is the best reasonably priced tire? Choose up to two choices. And if other let us know what other brands are worth considering. What load ratings or number of plys are you running?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I love my milestar patagonia mts 35s on the jl. For a mud tire they are quite and so far after 15k miles they are wearing extremely well. I got a steal on them 550 for all 5 new mounted and balanced due to a sale. I think they will be the next ones on my truck. They are 10 ply e rated. Favorite look goes to the gladiator xcomp. If I switch to a 24x12 I'll be running those in a 35 as they just look ridiculous like come get it lol.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Ram 1500: Nitto Terra Grappler G2. Reason: 65k mileage warranty, good tire wear properties, XL rated for better sidewall for towing: 116 load index. Overall great traction in winter driving and not noisy for an All Terrain. OEM size. Pricey but worth the money.

Ram 3500: Firestone XT's. Overall great traction in winter driving, low noise. Wearing good so far. Good price point for these tires. OEM size.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run 295-65r20 E rated Nitto Ridge Grapplers now, my only complaint is poor wet weather performance. They are starting to get a but louder now with about 25k miles on them but not annoyingly loud.

Discount Tire did price match an online deal so four tires were around $1200 mounted and balanced if I remember correctly.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My "other" is 1st choice General Grabber ATX, then 2nd is Falken Wildpeak AT3.

I only run AT's up here in central Minnesota.....toughest application around where you either need the best compromise tire on the market, or two sets of tires and rims - one for winter and one for summer. Big bucks for that.

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Trail and Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep’s. That said, I also really liked the Duratracs on my Colorado.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run 295-65r20 E rated Nitto Ridge Grapplers now, my only complaint is poor wet weather performance. They are starting to get a but louder now with about 25k miles on them but not annoyingly loud.

Discount Tire did price match an online deal so four tires were around $1200 mounted and balanced if I remember correctly.

Mine sucked so bad in the wet weather that I got rid of them before I had 30,000 on them! I almost went with the Falken, but they were much heavier tire than the same BFG KO2. So I went with the BFG KO2, and so far I love them. I can actually drive in the wet weather without 4wd auto now!!!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine sucked so bad in the wet weather that I got rid of them before I had 30,000 on them! I almost went with the Falken, but they were much heavier tire than the same BFG KO2. So I went with the BFG KO2, and so far I love them. I can actually drive in the wet weather without 4wd auto now!!!

The KO2 is the tire I want to try next time around. The only unfortunate thing is that metric sizes are significantly more expensive than SAE sizes. So when I am due I will need new wheels so I can go down to a 35x12.50 or something along those lines.

You and I are the only ones I have ever heard complaining about wet weather performance. But they really are terrible in the rain in my experience. They are not as bad as my 420s tires on my lowered Dakota Rt were but they are damn close.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Last year I put KO2’s on the PW to replace the BadYear Duratrac. Very happy with the traction, balance, quiet ride.

This year I removed a brand new set of Generals from my Tahoe and replaced them with KO2 as well. I’ve yet to buy an unsatisfactory tire from Michelin / BFG.

The KO is not a great mud tire of course. There’s the KM for that application.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The KO2 is the tire I want to try next time around. The only unfortunate thing is that metric sizes are significantly more expensive than SAE sizes. So when I am due I will need new wheels so I can go down to a 35x12.50 or something along those lines.

You and I are the only ones I have ever heard complaining about wet weather performance. But they really are terrible in the rain in my experience. They are not as bad as my 420s tires on my lowered Dakota Rt were but they are damn close.
I have talked to others that have the same complaint... but it does seem like most really like them. They were awesome for a little bit but it didn’t last. I didn’t compare prices between SAE and metric, I just knew what I wanted and went with that. I went with 325/60R20 and I’m super happy with them so far! IMHO they are in a league way above the grapplers.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really like my Toyo Open Country R/T tires. Nittos are also a really good tire. IMO it comes down to how much you want to spend. Noise inside. I know when I ran my terra grapplers they were really loud. My dad is running ridge grapplers on his F150 and they are also loud. My toyos are a little noisy, but not that bad. I got 60k out of my Nittos and I am hoping that my toyos go that long. The nittos that I had on my truck before hauled some heavy loads in the bed. Zero issues. I havent had much in the bed since I put the Toyos on. I am sure at some point it will and then I can report back.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm the rare bird I guess I love my Yokohama Geolandar A/T. I've had 2 sets on my Dakota, put a set on my Ram and have a set of 10ply on our dually that hauls a slide in camper. They're quiet, wear well, rated for 60K miles, and have good traction in rain, mud and snow.
Granted I would want a more aggressive tire for off road or messy mud, but for the average Jane that does a little of everything they're perfect.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi