Poll- Would you buy a Ram again??

Would you buy a Ram again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The build quality is the lowest I’ve every seen. It’s been in the shop more than all my other vehicles combined. My ‘63 CJ-5 was more reliable. My fuel sending unit failed, was replaced, and the new unit failed 1/2 mile away from the dealer. High failure rate of this part was a known problem several years before my truck was built and still is an issue. A week later the pcm in the truck died. The dealer took almost two weeks to fix it. While it was in the shop I drove an F150 made the same year as my truck. After driving it for two weeks I knew why the ram is the lowest priced truck. I didn’t want to give up the Ford, but had to. I was issued a GMC to drive for work. It proved to be a better built truck too. The ram is the only truck that I’ve had to do anything with the suspension to handle the tools I carry for work. I had to put TufTruck springs in the rear so the truck didn’t sag under the weight that other brands don’t sag under. The brakes are less effective than the other brands of trucks I’ve driven. I fixed that when it was time to replace the brakes. Problems I didn’t notice during the test drive. It was my mistake for not doing research before buying the truck. If I had I would have found that when I bought it the ram had the lowest payload and towing capacity of any of the half ton trucks on the market. It performs good as a car with a bed on it, but as a truck that’s actually used as a truck it doesn’t.
I agree with the brakes on the Ram,...they're ****. Mine have been squeaking since 14,000 miles and I'm now over 16,000 miles. Very poor, but that's the crappy materials that the vendor uses, but shame on Ram for using them. That all comes to cost.
In all honesty, if my truck was totaled tomorrow, I would only be a little upset. I'd go order myself a 2019/2020 Ford Raptor in supercab configuration.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I kinda wish it wasn't such a nice truck.
I decided to sell my 2007 PlumCrazy Dodge Charger Daytona
cause I doubt I'll drive it much anymore...

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I really don't have any pics, but when I get it out this spring
I'll take some. I'll probably post it in the classified section.
It's always been my summer car, but I can see myself driving my Laramie all year long...

cobra_pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I come from a 2005 Ford, I bought a Ram 1500 Sport 2013 and I was in love with everything I had. Then I bought a 2017 and I just ordered a 2019 sport that drove me crazy when I saw the new generation. all mine run with propane as the main fuel and the truth I do not return to Ford again are behind in everything even talking about a Raptor that is very beautiful but does not have anything in my mind that catches my attention

Don Shilling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 345 ci
Since you’ve had yours 10 years, hows that lifetime workin our for ya? I bout the lifetime MVP warranty with my 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've had exhaust stud failure twice covered by factory warranty. A front hub bearing failure and heater core replacement covered on purchased lifetime warranty with $100 deductible each time. I just maintain the five year free inspection current to keep the warranties in force.

Swedishsurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m disappointed with all the electronics. They are great while they work. I’d rather restore a mechanical truck but already have a *****’s truck project. Now I’m stuck with building my Jeep and having to rent a POV while my new truck is at the dealership getting computer issues fixed......or looked at by people who follow a checklist no matter what I tell them is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I would love a 4x4 first gen extended cab but they are so hard to come by, at least at a reasonable price. I love simple. I dont like tech. At all. The fancy features and such seem good at first until everything starts to break.
And here in NY, no emissions testing and check engine light ******** with the older trucks.

But whatever. I keep buying new or "newer" trucks. I've always found the Rams to be the best looking trucks.
I'll keep buying them and driving them.
Warts and all.