Pondering spark plug change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Leave them run. The computer will throw a check engine light if there is any misfire. My biggest issue with leaving them in for 100k is they may be a pain to get out....but worse case there, is have the dealer do it and it’s their problem.
Yeah leave them in until they start to misfire....

Because that's a great way to keep your vehicle maintained...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Captain Bart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
Seems every time I need help, this forum is ready and waiting. Great info. Anyway, my truck is ready for plugs and I am capable of the work. Removing the shroud? Is that a big deal? Coils. Will it do harm to apply a drop or 2 of PB or WD to the fasteners before removing? Same with the plugs....a little dribble of lube let sit for a few hours....would that be harmful to the removal of the plugs? Dieletic grease in the boots? Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom. BB

Bill Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I paid around $700 for the dealer to do it. If I remember right the plugs are around $10/each and there are 16 (2 per cylinder). So, $550 for dealer time is probably 3ish hours?
Wow, that's crazy..... I do my own on my 5.7 and I think it costs me just a hundred bucks for the plugs? What plugs do you run in your Hemi?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow, that's crazy..... I do my own on my 5.7 and I think it costs me just a hundred bucks for the plugs? What plugs do you run in your Hemi?

LOL... I don't even know. Whatever the dealer put in. I think the stock were Bosch? Does the 5.7 just have 8? It's always confused me that an 8 cylinder truck has 16 plugs. Of course, the last cars I worked on had a cap and rotor if that gives you any idea where I'm at. I have a lifetime warranty and just have stuff done at the dealer to keep that intact. Also, it's a company write-off.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
LOL... I don't even know. Whatever the dealer put in. I think the stock were Bosch? Does the 5.7 just have 8? It's always confused me that an 8 cylinder truck has 16 plugs. Of course, the last cars I worked on had a cap and rotor if that gives you any idea where I'm at. I have a lifetime warranty and just have stuff done at the dealer to keep that intact. Also, it's a company write-off.
Stock plugs are NGK. And EVERY hemi engine takes 2 plugs per cylinder

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fuel injected computerized engine just leave them in for the next owner to think of a plug change out