Poor FM Reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get good reception in the metro area that I live and mostly listen to serrius on the road..there are probably some good after market antennas to get. the test for me is if I can pick up my favorite station 92.5 all the way to waco from ft. worth..90ish miles..my '19 ram starts to fizzle a few miles short so it does seem to be a little weaker than the '17 gmc sierra I had before.
I cannot pick up 820 AM near Waco. It comes in, but not great. I have to be North of Hwy 84 to hear ne thing out of DFW area on AM. FM comes in once you get North of Waco, like Hillsborough area, but I am usually on the FM (for the un-knowing, Farm to Market Roads), back roads, trying to avoid IH 35. My motorcycle AM suks, on FM I can pull in some, but it has gotten so bad I put a Bluetooth aux receiver on the MC into the radio Input and listen to like Sirius or Pandora on MC. Seems like the more they push 5G stuff, my radio just not doing well.

My RAM: does OK, But it does get intermittent at times, even with closer FM stations, especially since they started playing with the bandwidth and the 5G roll out, IMHO. I at least have 4G on the RAM, and not at yet have the problem of the older trucks with the 3G "obsolete" stuff now.