Poor heat on drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 and 2012
Engine
2020 RAM Tradesman 2500 6.4 gas Reg cab 8ft bed 8000 miles
I have been disappointed with the heat since new, It wasn't till I had a passenger sweating on the other side that I noticed the difference in temps between the drivers center vent and the passengers center vent. At road speed with fan on high, when its cold out, the far left vent is luke warm the left center vent is warm and the right center vent will scald you hand. My dealer is telling me nothing is wrong and that the heater is functioning as it should. My truck does not have dual climate controls. I welcome any advice, thanks

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Sounds like a blend or recirc door issue to me. It shouldn't be that drastically different in temp from side to side.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
This situation has been posted many times on the forum and the culprit is usually the heater core is plugged up. Some people have had luck back flushing the heater core, some even used CLR while flushing but a majority have had to replace the heater core.
Some claim it's casting sand from the engine block but both engines (6.4L & CTD) have been reported.