Pop sound coming from front left driver side.??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't know what this could be but I heard a big pop sound coming from the left driver side tire area. First it happened when turning right...then happened again by turning right slightly going up hill...I don't have any tire play...what could it be?? My CV? Truck is sitting on a zone 6"lift leveled with bils. 2015/1500.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know what this could be but I heard a big pop sound coming from the left driver side tire area. First it happened when turning right...then happened again by turning right slightly going up hill...I don't have any tire play...what could it be?? My CV? Truck is sitting on a zone 6"lift leveled with bils. 2015/1500.
Let me know when you have it figured out! Mine is doing the exact same thin and I cant find it. Zone 6 inch with eibachs

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine are good. 2018 no play in anything no roughness in the bearings all new joints. Cant reproduces the noise standing still bouncing. I feel like it is strut tops but no sign of problems there either. Almost a metal on metal pop. 2 different sets of springs in it perches onnthe struts were up for a while and when the stock springs went back in and the notch lowered the noise continued. Ucas were also changed. Hopefully you are having the same problem as I am so we can narrow it down more

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same issue. Just installed a 4” zone. I replaced hubs, upper and lower controlarms and got new sway bar links. Bills at 1.4 in the front. New front springs too.

I have a pop or clunk when going up inclines and turning. Sometimes randomly. Seems like something is binding and breaking free real quick

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue. Just installed a 4” zone. I replaced hubs, upper and lower controlarms and got new sway bar links. Bills at 1.4 in the front. New front springs too.

I have a pop or clunk when going up inclines and turning. Sometimes randomly. Seems like something is binding and breaking free real quick
Exactly! Wtf

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well i ceanked down on the sway bar links even thoigh they said to tighter untill the bushings start to swell. After i tightened them all the way, the pop is almost gone. There is still something loose tho

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well i ceanked down on the sway bar links even thoigh they said to tighter untill the bushings start to swell. After i tightened them all the way, the pop is almost gone. There is still something loose tho
I disconnected mine and it's still there unfortunately

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did u install the spacers on the diff drop bracket?

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which one are you speaking of? Pretty positive everything is 100 percent

There are two “spacers” (1/4” thick welded washers) that came with my kit. They went in between the diff brackets and the diff. The brackets that sammwich the top diff mounting bracket.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Check your tie rod ends. If the clunk only happens while turning and everything else has been replaced. If 4x4 look at the CV joints on the axles. Grab a buddy to confirm while you turn the wheels to create the pop.

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
had a similar issue with my 2015....pop noise at slow speeds and turning over bumps....searched the forums and did every fix that worked for others...new UCA's, sway bar bushings, sway bar links, even new tie rid ends.....none of which fixed it.....come to find out, my skid plate under the front end was making the popping noise....it was slightly rubbing a bracket under there....took it off, added a few washers and its gone......crazy easy fix....

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
had a similar issue with my 2015....pop noise at slow speeds and turning over bumps....searched the forums and did every fix that worked for others...new UCA's, sway bar bushings, sway bar links, even new tie rid ends.....none of which fixed it.....come to find out, my skid plate under the front end was making the popping noise....it was slightly rubbing a bracket under there....took it off, added a few washers and its gone......crazy easy fix....

I wish that was it!

i havnt put on the new skid plate yet lol

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Soooo it went away. Lol

had another alignment and its gone. But not right after the alignment. Maybe things needed time to settle

TOM153

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

what brand lift do you have? I have the same problem I feel it in the steering wheel as well. I have the superlift 4” kit and the diff is awfully close to the skid plate

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same exact noise and issue here as well. It's been that way for over a year now.

Running a 6" Zone lift with Bil's @ 2.8. Happened after I got my lift installed.

I have no idea what it could be or where to start either. Everything is tight. Pretty sure we added the 1/4" washers for the diff drop bracket as well.

SportPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found one of my rear control arms loose. I tightened everything in the rear and i havnt heard the pop since

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
any updates from anyone on their situation?