Portable air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do a lot more wood than automotive projects. Running brads or something is much more likely for me than running an impact, though that option would sometimes be nice.
That compressor would work well for that, I think that they are pretty loud though.
For a small compressor that is pretty quiet take a look at the following (I have used all of them and there is a significant noise difference between the quiet and normal compressors).

or at lowes

or similar, a few of the "quiet" rated compressors are still pretty loud, low 60's decibels or less is actually pretty quiet.
Your ears will thank you, esp. if it is in the same room as you are.
The 26 gallon is a bit noisier but still actually pretty quiet and is large enough to give you some reserve capacity with a small footprint yet. I have several in use currently.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do a lot more wood than automotive projects. Running brads or something is much more likely for me than running an impact, though that option would sometimes be nice.
For an impact, honestly it's easier to use a battery mid torque impact of whatever brand of battery powered tools you currently have - well unless you already own a pneumatic impact and even then the battery is nicer.

I have Ridgid and Ryobi impacts. Not firing up the compressor and dragging a hose out to where you need it is worth it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
90 Amp draw - that is a serious power draw, no wonder they rec. having a 4 hose system to do all 4 tires at once :)

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I bought a VIair air compressor from Amazon. Smittybuilt offers a good unit also. I am realing thinking about going to a high pressure compressed air tank. Faster refills on the trail and good for several cycles of air up and air down.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
A couple of years ago, when my old (on its second... or is it third... battery) Campbell Hausfeld inflator was showing signs of age and wear, I bought a Milwaukee M12 inflator; it handles the tires on my 2500 and 5th Wheel with ease, although none of the portable inflators will reliably inflate those tires from empty. Of course, these are inflators (the new M18 would be somewhat better), not compressors.

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had a Viair on my 2008 Big Horn. There are two 4.5 Gallon Aluminum tanks on the Frame rails.
It took 23 minutes to fill the tanks from 0 to 200 psi. I later picked up a York 210 AC compressor
from a 1973 Mercedes and made Brackets to mount it to the Hemi. I used a Hybrid Pulley on the
Alternator. Half Sepentine and half V Belt. This setup would do the same Tank fill up in 3 minutes
at idle. I plan to use a Sanden Compressor on my 2021 Laramie EcoDiesel.

Here is my Nathan Airchime K5LA Train Horn Setup: There is a regulated tool port in the engine bay
and another with the full pressure of 200psi at the Tool Box in the Bed.

Malodave

NathanAirchimeK5LA.jpg

RAM-YorkMount1.jpg

RAM-YorkMount2.jpg

RAM-YorkMount3 - Copy.jpg

RAM-YorkMount4.jpg

RAM-YorkMount5.jpg

ashman155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can get kits that have a compressor and air tank that you can install on your truck. I use to have train horns in the back of my truck in a tool box. It had the compressor, air tank and horns. I could run my air tools to change tires, fill tires, airbags or boating floats, plus scare the crap out of people that drifted in your lane or moved over without looking, golfers loved me, guys taking whizzes in the open peeing on their trucks or shoes, getting animals off the road. train guys crapping themselves when you sat at a crossing when blowing their horn you responded or being confused as they new there was a train somewhere but couldn't see it. great set up for what you needed in tire and air bag fills. Plus this prevented allot of accidents when people weren't paying attention when driving.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I’m sure the cops in Edmonton would have something to say about those due to our noise bylaws

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
But the chances of getting caught are pretty slim lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956