portable floor jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluetick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What's a good trolley jack to put in the bed of a 3500 dually?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Where are big red jacks made?

"BigRed and Torin brand" jacks , tools and equipment is manufactured by the world's largest producer and have supplied more than 100 Million jacks since 1968. Torin jacks has established a world renowned manufacturing plant in USA in Los Angeles with the most advanced product design and development centers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Where are big red jacks made?

"BigRed and Torin brand" jacks , tools and equipment is manufactured by the world's largest producer and have supplied more than 100 Million jacks since 1968. Torin jacks has established a world renowned manufacturing plant in USA in Los Angeles with the most advanced product design and development centers.
My favorite jack stands lol ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
What's a good trolley jack to put in the bed of a 3500 dually?
Is your truck lifted or stock ...if it's stock you can go with the cheapest of the daytona floor jacks which is going for $169 right now at harbor freight ... it has a lift height of 18-1/4 in.

If lifted you can go with any of the others up to 24 inches lift height ...

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I just googled best floor Jacks and ended up with this one.

Much less weight than my 50yr old 5 ton Behemoth but rebuilding the cylinder would've cost me over a $1K
and a 60yr old Cripple doesn't really need anything like that anymore.

My mechanic in-in-law, along with my own Son, tried talking me into rebuilding the Beast.
Amazing how quickly their Opinions changed when I told them they could have the jack and pay for it, themselves.

Then they were all about which Jack I should buy.
It had to be "Just Right".

Other words, which Jack they'd love to borrow, if theirs don't cut the mustard.

Heathens.

I have use the jack. Well, I sat an watched my Son use it and it is a nice jack for for normal usage.
Not going to lift a single axle semi or anything like that but most folks will find it suffinicent.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine

Much less weight than my 50yr old 5 ton Behemoth but rebuilding the cylinder would've cost me over a $1K

My mechanic in-in-law, along with my own Son, tried talking me into rebuilding the Beast.
Amazing how quickly their Opinions changed when I told them they could have the jack and pay for it, themselves.

Heathens.

I have use the jack. Well, I sat an watched my Son use it and it is a nice jack for for normal usage.
Not going to lift a single axle semi or anything like that but most folks will find it suffinicent.
Those Heathens!!! lol ..That looks like a good jack ...21 3/8 of lift height ...not bad .... 3 ton ... good price ... why not !

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Heathens.

I have one of their jacks from when they were still just called Arcan jacks,damn things 40 years old now,and still works good,the seal has a minor leak but i just top it up with a bit of hyd jack fluid maybe once a year. I welded a piece of flat bar to the handle bolt,so i could back the bolt out to remove the handle with-out using a wrench,as even the handle is heavy on them. At a 100 lbs,it's not all that easy to throw in the box of a lifted truck though,lol.

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I have one of their jacks from when they were still just called Arcan jacks,damn things 40 years old now,and still works good,the seal has a minor leak but i just top it up with a bit of hyd jack fluid maybe once a year. I welded a piece of flat bar to the handle bolt,so i could back the bolt out to remove the handle with-out using a wrench,as even the handle is heavy on them. At almost a 110 lbs,it's not all that easy to throw in the box of a lifted truck though,lol.
Too FUnny. That's exactly what I've been doing with the Beast for the last 20 odd years.
Just got to teh point where the jack too k forever to lift and no amount of bleeding the cylinder would improve things.
i just did not trust it any more. Checked into rebuild, Soiled myself and started looking at lesser jacks.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have one Shop Jack, i think that i have had it for about 30 years.
It is made in the USA, but has a bad seal
There used to be a guy that worked on hydraulic jacks & porta powers, etc. He closed his shop :(
He would only work on Made in USA tools, because he could easily get the O Rings, etc.
Metric sized O Rings have so many variations in size & thickness, he just didn't bother with them.
I also have 2 or 3 Suitcase Jacks, also called Trolley Jacks

1668126027569.png
I also bought a big Shop Jack by Torin, it was on sale at a price that was too low to let go

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I don't use mine anywhere but the driveway, but 3ton aluminum I bought on sale at Harbor Freight has been doing great for 7+ years now after my Craftsman gave out after only a couple years.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I don't use mine anywhere but the driveway, but 3ton aluminum I bought on sale at Harbor Freight has been doing great for 7+ years now after my Craftsman gave out after only a couple years.
I love my yellow daytona 3 ton jack .... it's put in work since I gotten it ... as a matter of fact, I will be using it maybe this weekend to do my wife's lexus oil change ....

OP
OP
B

Bluetick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Is your truck lifted or stock ...if it's stock you can go with the cheapest of the daytona floor jacks which is going for $169 right now at harbor freight ... it has a lift height of 18-1/4 in.

If lifted you can go with any of the others up to 24 inches lift height ...
Is that Daytona jack a 2-ton?

Jbinramona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just looked for a Big Red Jack by Torin on Amazon. Torin may in fact be in Ontario, but the jack sez made in friggin china.
No thanks. I try not to buy chinese products if I can help it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I just looked for a Big Red Jack by Torin on Amazon. Torin may in fact be in Ontario, but the jack sez made in friggin china.
No thanks. I try not to buy chinese products if I can help it.
Do you use Milwaukee tools? They are made in China lol ... just about everything is made in China , get over it lol