Possible Fuel Pump Relay Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi, looking for some input.
Last year my truck wouldn't start, turned over ok, sounded like it wasn't getting any fuel.
Searching the internet it sounded like maybe a bad fuel pump relay, read about, and put a jumper in the fuse box. Truck started fine with the key, except trying to use the remote start it wouldn't stay running. What i could find to read said that was normal.
Sounded like having the dealer replace the entire circuit board was $500+, so I held off.

Ordered a new relay, me and a buddy dissembled the fuse box, got to the circuit board, and replaced the relay.
Still has the exact same issue without the jumper wire in place.
I've used my code reader, but its not showing any error codes.

With the jumper in place the truck runs fine, and has for a year. but it'd be nice if I could use the remote start again.
FWIW I attached a picture of the jumper.
Ideas?

dodge.jpg

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah jump to the cig lighter that goes off with power, or you will burn out pump. Dimes to donuts it isn't the relay but the TIPM itself, needs to be resoldered.

It looks like you know what you are doing, if you want to fix your tipm by soldering and need the youtube let me know, or if you need the same for the bypass let me know. Just google bypass TIPM dodge fuel pump you will likely see everything in video's. Yeah I would have to think a while on it, but I don't think that remote start will work with the bypass as the cig lighter gets power when car is turned on.

OP
OP
F

FF17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
crap. rookie mistake after all that work, went back and looked at it again after posting this.
After I removed the jumper, I forgot to replace the fuse for the fuel pump.
All works now, replacing the fuel pump relay did work.

Feel free to delete this thread....