Possible hemi tick oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
@Burla probly knows [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

or he thinks he does maybe,,

Yes solid oil we have discussed in the syn thread but we haven't had anyone try it. Price isn't bad, it has tbn like old school amsoil so likely a long run oil, killer hot properties as noack shows great vi, on paper it looks as good as anything, we don't have moly levels but you can always add lubegard for that.

OP
OP
Travis8352

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
or he thinks he does maybe,,

Yes solid oil we have discussed in the syn thread but we haven't had anyone try it. Price isn't bad, it has tbn like old school amsoil so likely a long run oil, killer hot properties as noack shows great vi, on paper it looks as good as anything, we don't have moly levels but you can always add lubegard for that.
Ahh didnt know it was discussed. Their discription says 30k mile capable but they only recomend 10k. Looks fantastic.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Travis good you brought it up, now there is a voa out there and prior we had none, great moly! Looks stouter then redline on paper except for operating visc.

I sent off for this VOA because of the disappointing analysis I got a few weeks ago. MPT UOA The fine folks at MPT sent me some replacement oil to try it again at a lesser interval, they believe the UOA was affected by some type of fuel additive (I don't think I even used any). I still don't see how the TBN would be so low. Blackstone Comments: Thanks for the notes. We found some lead in this sample, so we ran it twice and it was still there, so that could account for a bit of what was found in your Sentra's sample. Silicon is an antifoaming additive and it's harmless in that form. There were some unusual additive levels in this oil. Note zinc. It read lower than phosphorus, while in most oils it's the other way around. We also found a lot of molybdenum (antiwear additive) and that could be why insolubles read high; it's probably just additive falling out of suspension. The TBN was strong at 11.5, since 1.0 is low. ALUMINUM-1 CHROMIUM-0 IRON-1 COPPER-1 LEAD-3 TIN-0 MOLYBDENUM-943 NICKEL-0 SILVER-0 TITANIUM-0 MANGANESE-0 POTASSIUM-1 BORON-12 SILICON-10 SODIUM-3 CALCIUM-2755 MAGNESIUM-12 PHOSPHORUS-1579 ZINC-1044 BARIUM-0 Water%-0 cSt Viscosity @ 100°C-10.47 SUS Viscosity @ 210°F-60.9 Flashpoint in °F-4.45 Fuel %-0 Antifreeze %-0 Insolubles %-0.5 TBN-11.5

OP
OP
Travis8352

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Travis good you brought it up, now there is a voa out there and prior we had none, great moly! Looks stouter then redline on paper except for operating visc.

I sent off for this VOA because of the disappointing analysis I got a few weeks ago. MPT UOA The fine folks at MPT sent me some replacement oil to try it again at a lesser interval, they believe the UOA was affected by some type of fuel additive (I don't think I even used any). I still don't see how the TBN would be so low. Blackstone Comments: Thanks for the notes. We found some lead in this sample, so we ran it twice and it was still there, so that could account for a bit of what was found in your Sentra's sample. Silicon is an antifoaming additive and it's harmless in that form. There were some unusual additive levels in this oil. Note zinc. It read lower than phosphorus, while in most oils it's the other way around. We also found a lot of molybdenum (antiwear additive) and that could be why insolubles read high; it's probably just additive falling out of suspension. The TBN was strong at 11.5, since 1.0 is low. ALUMINUM-1 CHROMIUM-0 IRON-1 COPPER-1 LEAD-3 TIN-0 MOLYBDENUM-943 NICKEL-0 SILVER-0 TITANIUM-0 MANGANESE-0 POTASSIUM-1 BORON-12 SILICON-10 SODIUM-3 CALCIUM-2755 MAGNESIUM-12 PHOSPHORUS-1579 ZINC-1044 BARIUM-0 Water%-0 cSt Viscosity @ 100°C-10.47 SUS Viscosity @ 210°F-60.9 Flashpoint in °F-4.45 Fuel %-0 Antifreeze %-0 Insolubles %-0.5 TBN-11.5
Holy moly! Thats the second highest ive seen! Highest if we dont include m1 racing 0w30

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Holy cow - look at the calcium, too!!!

I've never heard of these guys - MPT Industries in New Joisey. Since 1985, hmmm. Looks like they're makin' a "new & improved" Red Line? Note the Tech Spec says base oil is blend of polyol ester and pao......

https://mptindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Motor_Oil_Product_Sheet_final.pdf

I just looked up pricing......this stuff is $14.73 per quart in gallon jugs.

The Red Line I bought earlier was $9.43 per quart in 12 pack cases. Now up to $11.46 per quart.

Not sure this stuff is 56% better than Red Line, as is it's price. The usual world of science and engineering is you pay a lot more for small increments in performance above the 90% level.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Travis8352

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I've never heard of these guys - MPT Industries in New Joisey. Since 1985, hmmm. Looks like they're makin' a "new & improved" Red Line? Note the Tech Spec says base oil is blend of polyol ester and pao......

https://mptindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Motor_Oil_Product_Sheet_final.pdf

The Red Line I bought earlier was $9.43 per quart in 12 pack cases. Now up to $11.46 per quart.

Not sure this stuff is 56% better than Red Line, as is it's price. The usual world of science and engineering is you pay a lot more for small increments in performance above the 90% level.
And they say no group 1,2 or 3

OP
OP
Travis8352

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Reading more about this company on bobs and their website it seems their goal is to produce oils that use no vii's whatsoever even a 5w50 or 0w40 using mostly group 5 oils. Sds for their 75w90 gear lube i found had percentages of 50 percent poly olester! I also see they make oils similar to redlines professional series and makes no mention of ester or pao. Same with their ten k oil. Thirty k seems to be impressive. Wish i could find more uoas other than the bad one i did find

OP
OP
Travis8352

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I also found that they were a distributor of redline while making their own oil which seems like a direct competitor of redline