Possible need for a tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babygap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally getting around to doing some header/exhaust work on my 2011 quad cab. Gna do arh long system to super 10s our the back. Someone I work with brought up that for the headers I should order the system with cats still on because the truck won’t want to run right without a proper tune. If I decide to go completely castles will I need a professional tune or would I be ok with a handheld portable programmer? Or should I just stay safe and spend and extra 250 and order the headers with cats and not have to mess with it. Any and all info would be appreciated.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think you "have" to have a tune, but to get the full potential out of the headers you should get a "custom" tune. Contact Matt at Moe's Performance about a tuner and a custom tune. He works closely with Hemifever who does the custom tunes. Moe's is a preferred vendor on this forum.
Jay