Post 17 Rebel Lemon ... Ordered 19 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So ...
The short version.
2017 Rebel - Returned after 2 years, eight months of dealership hell.
Ordered a PW in August and supposedly the truck is in transit at whatever location a 2500 gets outfitted as a PW (according to dealer) and is stuck waiting for a back ordered component.

I am stationed in Southern California and made the mistake of getting my last vehicle here. I will be picking my mythical truck up if it ever arrives, in Texas to avoid all the BS that is California.

The plan is to do all of the alterations I want to in Texas to avoid the hassle here.

Planning on keeping factory rims and adding Toyo 35/12.5/17 AT.
Not sure if spare this size will fit underneath?
ProRyde adjustable leveling
https://www.prorydeliftkits.com/sho...-3500-4wd-adjustable-front-lift-leveling-kit/

Mx4 BakFlip tonneau.

True Dual cat back with 2 super 40 flowmasters and x-pipe for back pressure and equalize scavenging.
Dropped behind rear axle.

looking at CAI - K&N still has not produced a model for 19 and is looking for vehicles to prototype out here in Riverside ... which is interesting because you cant get one shipped here.

I have some westin thrasher steps new in the box, but am selling... interested in true sliders. Maple/White Knuckle?

kind of stuck in limbo on ordering anything until I get an official eta on truck though.

Thoughts and comments are welcome. Even the nasty opinionated ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AFe is building an intake but no eta. Sounds like it's going to be a while.

S&B got back to me about their intake. Its projected to be finished mid December and shipping end of dec. This company will be getting my money. I liked my Afe but not for AFe prices. S&b and Afe beat K&n.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Flea

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
AFe is building an intake but no eta. Sounds like it's going to be a while.

S&B got back to me about their intake. Its projected to be finished mid December and shipping end of dec. This company will be getting my money. I liked my Afe but not for AFe prices. S&b and Afe beat K&n.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have had mopar, k&n, and airaid. S&B was also of interest, but they didn't have anything out yet. Hmmm. Looks like Im waiting anyway, so maybe I will look harder at them. I wonder of I can get it shipped to California without having to ship from out of state.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 35” toyos will fit in the spare most likely. Not sure if anything changed much back there, but the ‘18 and back will fit one (might have to be aired down, though).

You cant go wrong with WK or Maple sliders... both are kickass.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had mopar, k&n, and airaid. S&B was also of interest, but they didn't have anything out yet. Hmmm. Looks like Im waiting anyway, so maybe I will look harder at them. I wonder of I can get it shipped to California without having to ship from out of state.
Excuse my ignorance but why would you have an issue shipping an air intake to California?

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Oh man, I hope nobody answers that question and you can keep your innocence. The answer has crushed many a gearhead’s spirit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flea

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Excuse my ignorance but why would you have an issue shipping an air intake to California?
There are many things, specifically performance related that companies cannot or will not ship to CA. Many CAIs are prime examples. There are naturally ways around that, but it just adds to the cost. Half the companies are based here, too. Crazy. I dont have CA registered vehicles, so don’t know all the smog stuff here

OP
OP
Flea

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The 35” toyos will fit in the spare most likely. Not sure if anything changed much back there, but the ‘18 and back will fit one (might have to be aired down, though).

Thank you. I was hoping to get a measurement under one, but cant find one on a lot out here anymore. Maybe someone on here has already measured :).
Aired down would work for me though.
White Knuckle is not too far from here ... maybe they will let me do a pickup.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I was hoping to get a measurement under one, but cant find one on a lot out here anymore. Maybe someone on here has already measured :).

That would be a no brainer for me. Being able to pick them up and save shipping cost would be hard to pass up.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

for another thread I took a picture of the exact measurement under my 19pw
36” will fit above the track bar if you stay stock width. If you go 12.5 then an air down 35” tire is the best you can do.

B3A7AC13-A974-4FC1-87D5-90FD2BB0F432.jpeg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Flea, post: 2158749, member: 90466"]So ...
The short version.
2017 Rebel - Returned after 2 years, eight months of dealership hell.
Ordered a PW in August and supposedly the truck is in transit at whatever location a 2500 gets outfitted as a PW (according to dealer) and is stuck waiting for a back ordered component.

Welcome to the club!

I am stationed in Southern California and made the mistake of getting my last vehicle here. I will be picking my mythical truck up if it ever arrives, in Texas to avoid all the BS that is California.

sorry to hear you have to live in a blue state where you can not carry.

The plan is to do all of the alterations I want to in Texas to avoid the hassle here.

The Lone Star State can’t me beat!

Planning on keeping factory rims and adding Toyo 35/12.5/17 AT.
Not sure if spare this size will fit underneath?

yes a 35” aired down to 20 psi. will fit. Toyo 37” is coming to my house for Christmas.

ProRyde adjustable leveling
https://www.prorydeliftkits.com/sho...-3500-4wd-adjustable-front-lift-leveling-kit/

Not needed on the 19. Already leveled.

Mx4 BakFlip tonneau.

I went with diamondback. HD cover for a HD truck!!

True Dual cat back with 2 super 40 flowmasters and x-pipe for back pressure and equalize scavenging.
Dropped behind rear axle.

I removed my muffler and it sounds perfect. Just unbolt it right after the resonator.

looking at CAI - K&N still has not produced a model for 19 and is looking for vehicles to prototype out here in Riverside ... which is interesting because you cant get one shipped here.

good luck finding much for the 19 just yet. The badges on the hood are in a hole so I thought about ram air using those two spots.

I have some westin thrasher steps new in the box, but am selling... interested in true sliders. Maple/White Knuckle?

Maple is a little thicker by design but if white knuckle is just the drive away it will save you $200 in shipping.

kind of stuck in limbo on ordering anything until I get an official eta on truck though.

Thoughts and comments are welcome. Even the nasty opinionated ones.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The leveling kit is a bad idea. New springs and shocks are the right way to do it on the PW’s.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The leveling kit is a bad idea. New springs and shocks are the right way to do it on the PW’s.

I have had a 1.5” leveling spacer on my wagon for over 3 years now. Absolutely no issues with it at all. Does it function as good as a set of thuren or carli springs and shocks... well hell no. But it did level my truck and continues to drive exactly like stock.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I have had a 1.5” leveling spacer on my wagon for over 3 years now. Absolutely no issues with it at all. Does it function as good as a set of thuren or carli springs and shocks... well hell no. But it did level my truck and continues to drive exactly like stock.
19 does not need it anyway. One of the changes in 2019 models.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
19 does not need it anyway. One of the changes in 2019 models.

Well, if you want a level truck you will. Whats the height difference between the front and back wheels wells on yours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock