Post 17 Rebel Lemon ... Ordered 19 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
Hopefully you can see in these photos how the intake is pulling air from the front (where it says Ram Heavy Duty) and pulling it down to the air box. Completely different from my 17’. I don’t see a need for a CAI on the new ones. I’m sure the new setup is pulling plenty of cold air.

As far as I know (and was told by the dealer) that their is NO changes to the 2020. Don’t see them adding the black wheels when they get $795 as a option. And lane keep is part of a $1300 option package. If they added anything it would be the blind spot monitoring which makes way more sense. I wanted to wait for a 2020 (as I purchased mine at the end of October), but Ram did not open the ordering yet. I believe the change to the 19’ was so late in the model year and they were selling well enough that they kept it locked. Not even sure if they opened it yet.

The biggest change I heard was the 2022 HD’s (all of them) going to the new style cab like on the 1500’s (which is a little bigger.) Honestly there has been so many positive changes to the 19’ (including the beautiful updated dash) that I don’t see a need to hold off.

Oh and that diesel is never coming to the PW. There is no need for it in an off-road specific truck. Engineering has said this over and over again. 1st thing is the winch won’t fit with the larger diesel, the added 900+ pounds over the front wheels and the gasser is muck better suited to off-roading. As much as G.M. likes to hear the PW used in comparison, there really is no comparison to make (and for that matter the Ford Tremor as well.) They are just a HD diesel truck with a off road ‘package’. Ram makes one of them too, it’s just cooler for their marketing departments to mention the PW. Just like Ram likes comparing the Rebel to the Raptor. They are not the same vehicle. Raptor is a cool looking desert runner. The PW is a good looking mountain goat.

Hope this helps...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flea

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hopefully you can see in these photos how the intake is pulling air from the front (where it says Ram Heavy Duty) and pulling it down[/ATTACH]

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to take those photos and upload them. I see what you are talking about ... maybe the only thing worth changing is the actual filter and replace the baffled airway with one completely open.

Good choice on the white. That is the color I chose, but we shall see if it ever gets here.