Powder coat colour for sport 20’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at picking up a set of sport 20’s that have peeling/cracking plastidip. Plan is to get them blasted and powder coated. Was thinking matte or satin black, then my brain started wandering to colours like gunmetal, antique brass, etc. Something different than an OEM wheel colour.

Here’s the truck with it’s 17’s. I would finish debadging the doors once it looks more sporty.

624C31DE-0700-4036-A9A8-6BF66613CBC1.jpeg

dhiller123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The color I would go with is called "Medium Argento Metallic". Can't remember which powder manufacture had it, but I used to do a ton of wheels in it.

It was sort of a dark gray metallic. Picture a mid to late 90's Chevy Tahoe with the sport package (see pic below).

001.jpg.cf.jpg

Diller
'14 Outdoorsman CC

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at picking up a set of sport 20’s that have peeling/cracking plastidip. Plan is to get them blasted and powder coated. Was thinking matte or satin black, then my brain started wandering to colours like gunmetal, antique brass, etc. Something different than an OEM wheel colour.

Here’s the truck with it’s 17’s. I would finish debadging the doors once it looks more sporty.

View attachment 237185
Check out the wheel exchange in Michigan I just bought 4 factory pvd chrome wheels. They have many different styles and also come in flat or gloss black you can buy them outright or do a exchange Mine look awesome and can't wait to put them on

20210127_123604.jpg

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Check out the wheel exchange in Michigan I just bought 4 factory pvd chrome wheels. They have many different styles and also come in flat or gloss black you can buy them outright or do a exchange Mine look awesome and can't wait to put them on

View attachment 237213
Just put these exact wheels on mine yesterday and they look perfect on my truck. Mine came with 22 in. aluminum wheels from the factory (Way overpriced) The previous owner put the 20 in. chrome clad wheels on it, for what reason I don't know. You have good taste. Nothing sets a vehicle off like a nice set of chrome wheels! JMO

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just put these exact wheels on mine yesterday and they look perfect on my truck. Mine came with 22 in. aluminum wheels from the factory (Way overpriced) The previous owner put the 20 in. chrome clad wheels on it, for what reason I don't know. You have good taste. Nothing sets a vehicle off like a nice set of chrome wheels! JMO
Thanks brother I was gonna get replicas until I saw these but was afraid they will pit & peal pvd chrome is suppose to last longer and stronger and they are factory wheels I hope they look awesome on my silver sport

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks brother I was gonna get replicas until I saw these but was afraid they will pit & peal pvd chrome is suppose to last longer and stronger and they are factory wheels I hope they look awesome on my silver sport
No doubt you will be very happy with them!

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just have to decide whether I want goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure or cooper AT3 4s what's your opinion ?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Dear God you don’t ever want polished aluminum .... I had some polished Centerlines on my Dakota .... All you do is polish the damn things, or the look like **** in no time .... Just a giant hasslef0921443b37f07e9b816804763d1fc27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just have to decide whether I want goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure or cooper AT3 4s what's your opinion ?
You can look at the picture of my truck, I have Goodyear's with white letter. I know I'm one of the few that likes white letters but that may give you a little idea what the Goodyear's look like. Also the wheels in my pictures are with the chrome clad wheels, I haven't had time to get a new picture with the new wheels yet.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dear God you don’t ever want polished aluminum .... I had some polished Centerlines on my Dakota .... All you do is polish the damn things, or the look like **** in no time .... Just a giant hasslef0921443b37f07e9b816804763d1fc27.jpg

My factory sport wheels don't do anything for me Thats why I went with the pvd chrome factory wheels im probably gonna sell mine

20210127_133655.jpg

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

They look great though but I agree with you on the work keeping them looking that good! That's another reason I went with chrome as long as they don't chip. For every pro there's a con!

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can look at the picture of my truck, I have Goodyear's with white letter. I know I'm one of the few that likes white letters but that may give you a little idea what the Goodyear's look like. Also the wheels in my pictures are with the chrome clad wheels, I haven't had time to get a new picture with the new wheels yet.
I have goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure now and like them very much but the cooper's don't look bad either and I only get white lettered tires love the way they look

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with Brilliant Black Pearl to match the bottom paint of the two-tone I have. Looks great when cleaned up where you can see the metal flakes. I have yet to get a decent close-up pic of them when they're shined up though.

PQTFB8I.jpg

5h0nAib.jpg