Powder coating bead lock rings...need color help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking they are technically special wheels so they should be treated as such..so that rules out satin. . While I think red is and option I think it's best saved for if you had a high impact color truck...such as hills green etc... That leaves two choices. Match the color of your truck or go gloss black. Either of these two choices will look good and compliment the truck! The color matched would look more custom and stand out, along with some 35s the black would blend well with the gloss two tone bottom....toss a coin! On and old truck of mine I added some decals the same color as the truck...FB_IMG_1612483509457.jpg

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Experience with powder coat here. Don’t go gloss. Do satin, it’s easier to keep clean, and to touch up if it gets scratched off-road.
Good to know...I suppose you could just have gloss black touch-up paint and get away with it? I may powder coat go mango color or could a guy base clear these rings and expect it to hold up??

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Good to know...I suppose you could just have gloss black touch-up paint and get away with it? I may loser coat go mango color or could a guy base clear these rings and expect it to.hold up??
Gloss is much harder to match. My rock sliders were coated in satin black and Rustoleum rust reformer spray paint is an almost spot on match for them.

CE89DDCB-6DB1-4F9F-98EE-ABA0D273D8C5.jpeg

E77A91C0-513A-47BF-90ED-876CA170107B.jpeg

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Having trouble deciding between gloss black and satin...I've been leaning satin, but buddies are saying gloss..wheel itself looks satin..what do you guys think? Any other ideas? View attachment 236334 Thanks for any input!
ok so I'm a d bag here because I didn't read the rest of the thread. Just change wheels. The stock ones are terrible and because of the ring. It's a terrible shape.

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I disagree with the last post. Let your 75a stand proud with the stock wheels! They look great beside the ford reject who decided to put a silver ring on them...with the ring gloss black or color matched to the truck you will have great looking factory wheels! Can't go wrong! Take the 1000 you save on wheels and get away for a few days....

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Some stock all black non 75th Anniversary ones would look sharp. But hey if you like the wheel and wanna change the ring then great. They are a bead lock after all. I'm sure if you black the rings out it'll detract from the terrible shape of it. haha

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Having trouble deciding between gloss black and satin...I've been leaning satin, but buddies are saying gloss..wheel itself looks satin..what do you guys think? Any other ideas? View attachment 236334 Thanks for any input!
Match the truck. If you go black it may be just off so better to do a gun metal

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9

Satin, I painted my wife's 300 and it looks nice with the satin. She wants me to put all her chrome back on and 24's i have in the garage.

OP
OP
Airmousam

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Match the truck. If you go black it may be just off so better to do a gun metal

Without actually painting and trying to match with a powder coat color, I’m very likely to be off from my body color....and may start getting weirder than the silver...figure the gloss blk will match my lower body color and my enroute nerfs and should be a nice offset from satinish wheels..thx

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Without actually painting and trying to match with a powder coat color, I’m very likely to be off from my body color....and may start getting weirder than the silver...figure the gloss blk will match my lower body color and my enroute nerfs and should be a nice offset from satinish wheels..thx

Its one of those things. at the end of the day there really is no wrong answer

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great choice! Looks like a whole different wheel and now to me looks like the best wheel available on a power wagon! Stand proud 75a! I'll either do mine gloss black powder coated or have them painted factory molten orange...aka...go mango

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01