Power Door locks Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
I continue to be unsuccessful in identifying why my power door locks work fine with the remote/key FOB and by placing the shift selector into gear/park (global lock/Unlock) and of course manually works as well. My problem has been and continues to be that using any of the controls on any of the doors themselves fail to function. I have used AlphaOBD to check settings that I can find and have not found anything that seems suspicious. There are also NO OBDII/Trouble codes present.
What the heck am I missing?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I continue to be unsuccessful in identifying why my power door locks work fine with the remote/key FOB and by placing the shift selector into gear/park (global lock/Unlock) and of course manually works as well. My problem has been and continues to be that using any of the controls on any of the doors themselves fail to function. I have used AlphaOBD to check settings that I can find and have not found anything that seems suspicious. There are also NO OBDII/Trouble codes present.
Child lock maybe?

kellgp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you figured out your issue?

I'm experiencing a very similar problem with my locks. Lock/unlock on all 4 doors function flawlessly with the fob, but I only get some function pressing the lock or unlock buttons on either side switch (driver/passenger). Lock works very rarely, unlocks seems to work more often, but not all of the time.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
check the rear doors by the lock actuators, to see what position the child safety locks are in.

Also check your radio/menu/ not sure if it can be found in Controls or where else

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plato45