power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vonshep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
is it possible to install power fold in mirrors I was wondering if the wire harness was already there and it would be a matter of switches and mirrors ?

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So many of the wiring harness in the 2013 Ram are option and trim level specific that it's hard to speak in generalities. Post or PM me your VIN and I'll see what wires you have and don't have.

DippedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious as well on the mirrors. I asked the dealership and they had no clue. I want to switch my standard all black w/heat to the body color with turn signal and heat.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I love my power folding mirrors and I'm sure the heated mirror will be nice in the winter too!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
sent you a PM....

It looks like your truck, and I believe all trucks have the wiring for power fold mirrors.

The mirrors require the following part numbers:

Module, Door
Right Front: 68155772AC
Left Front: 68155773AC​
Switch and Bezel, Front Door:
with "PWR WINDOWS, FRONT 1-TOUCH DOWN:" P68148895AA
with "PWR FRONT WINDOWS, 1-TOUCH,UP & DOWN:" 68110867AA​

I suspect in your case that the dealer did not swap the Door Modules. It's also likely that they have to reprogram your BCM with sales code LER.

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It looks like your truck, and I believe all trucks have the wiring for power fold mirrors.

The mirrors require the following part numbers:

Module, Door
Right Front: 68155772AC
Left Front: 68155773AC​
Switch and Bezel, Front Door:
with "PWR WINDOWS, FRONT 1-TOUCH DOWN:" P68148895AA
with "PWR FRONT WINDOWS, 1-TOUCH,UP & DOWN:" 68110867AA​

I suspect in your case that the dealer did not swap the Door Modules. It's also likely that they have to reprogram your BCM with sales code LER.

They did change out the door switch bezel but you are probably correct, did not do the modules. I will contact them and see if they can get them.

I might have to source these myself and get the flash done.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think that trucks with tow mirrors are wired for power fold mirrors because at least in 2013 none of the tow mirrors were power fold.
Jay

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I don't think that trucks with tow mirrors are wired for power fold mirrors because at least in 2013 none of the tow mirrors were power fold.
Jay

Cap Lock Kids truck was. He sent me his VIN and I looked at the wiring specific to his VIN.

Also, looking at the parts catalog, it doesn't have a different part number for the power fold mirror option code.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If someone has power fold tow mirrors from the factory in 2013, then Ram doesn't know anything about it, and all the dealers, parts guys, and mechanics I know and have talked to don't know anything about it either. Not trying to start a ******* match here but I have a 13 with tow mirrors and wanted to switch them to the standard mirrors and after lots and lots of research and many phone calls I was told---sorry---no can do--Tow mirrors are different and the truck is wired differently and it may cause computer problems and some of the mirror functions may not work if you try to change them. One big change is the temp sensor which they put into the mirror housing in 13 for the first time.(another wiring problem to over come if you want to go to another years to try to switch). If you can solve these problems I'm more than willing to listen and would appreciate your help.
Jay

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm not going off of second hand information from a guy that works the parts counter. I read the wiring schematic specific to his truck, with my own eyes. His absolutely have the requisite wires. Further, there is not a single part number in the catalog for a 2013 Ram that distinguishes a wiring harness based on the sales code 'LER'.

The only sales codes that affect the front door wiring are as follows:

JPB - POWER LOCKS
LB1 - FRONT DOOR ACCENT LIGHTING
GXD - REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry your so offended. Some of us have to rely on what we are told by Ram employees and do not have access to the information you evidently have. I was just passing on information that I had. Thanks for the offer of assistance I asked for in my last post. :chair:
Jay

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry your so offended. Some of us have to rely on what we are told by Ram employees and do not have access to the information you evidently have. I was just passing on information that I had. Thanks for the offer of assistance I asked for in my last post. :chair:
Jay

We all have access to this info:

http://www.ramforum.com/f51/wiring_diagrams-34600/

It's not that I'm offended. It's just that I took the time to research the question and you keep insisting I'm wrong.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sure the op appreciates the time and effort you have gone to. Thanks for the wiring site address. From your research can you please give me the part number for a 2013 Ram Power FOLD tow mirror?

Last edited:

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There is no "part number." the mirrors are all sold by each individual sub-piece.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is part of the information that has been given to me. Can you tell me if it is accurate or not?

MIRROR-OUTSIDE REARVIEW
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68142668AD
List Price: $474.00

MIRROR-OUTSIDE REARVIEW
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68142669AD
List Price: $505.00

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I believe those are the trailer tow numbers. There is no power fold option or auto dimming on the tows.
The standard mirrors on the Sport Models are power fold's with auto dim. Other models may not have the correct wiring.

Just so you have the info Pull-Ya, here is the long and short on my 13.

Dealer ordered it with trailer tows and i wanted the sports (since it is a sport).
I couldn't wait for a re-order so he said he would order a new one and we could swap the mirrors when it came in.
Truck arrived, swapped the mirrors and the driver switch bezel and then said the power doesn't work. later found that the auto dim doesn't either. These are features i would like but not the be all end all. i would rather have the sports with out these features than the tows so i kept them.
I figured there was a module or some programming needed but at the time, service said it couldn't be done. i didn't believe him and have hunted for a solution since.

Jeep_guy (thanks) confirmed that i have the wiring, apparently need modules and a flash. Have to find the modules and a dealer that will do the flash.

I appreciate the info that you both have chimed in with. i have ammo to go back to the dealer with. Hope it works.

Last edited:

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The document below lists all of the mirror parts, that hang on the outside of your truck. You will have to reference the sales codes to decipher which parts you need. Keep in mind, you'll still need the door modules, listed earlier. Also, verify that you do have the requisite wires, by using the techauthority page I linked earlier.

Mirror Parts
Sales Codes