Power Fold vs Tow Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found a good deal on some power fold/signal mirrors. I currently have tow mirrors with power adjust/heat just no fold. My garage is sort of tight since the wife parks her Durango next to me so I manually fold my mirrors quite a bit when in the way. So basically I'd use the power fold daily. Not to mention I've actually clipped my tow mirrors on the garage door edge coming out before and launched plastic cover across the garage. I probably currently tow like 5-10 times a year and half the the time am too lazy to even fold the tow out. Sort of leaning to switch but then am torn at getting rid of tow.

Anyone else do that and regret not keeping tow?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You could always go to a set of aftermarket power fold tow mirrors, Trail Ridge makes some that look OEM and power fold in. You can make them work by upgrading the door modules and adding the door switch (you would need to do this for the regular power-fold mirrors also).

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I have the Trail Ridge power fold tow mirrors. Work and look great. If I had to complain about anything it would be that one folds a little faster than the other. Pretty petty but aside from that I have no complaints and have had them over 2 years. My son also had a set on his that we bought at the same time but he traded his truck a few months ago. He had no issues or complaints either.

cashman070

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went the same route as @dhay13 no issues at all - though have the same minor complaint about the folding its only .5 sec but for the price through 1aauto it is worth it.

through my research and talking with Benny @AllMoparParts.com - these door modules and switch work (can confirm as I put them in my 2016 Laramie Longhorn 1500

Window Switch - Mopar (68319803AA) though this is for grand cherokee - but I want the switch to back illumination as thats what I currently have and I can confirm it is illuminated​

Door Module Left - Mopar (68225103AD)​

Door Module Right - Mopar (68225102AD)​

YMMV

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I went the same route as @dhay13 no issues at all - though have the same minor complaint about the folding its only .5 sec but for the price through 1aauto it is worth it.

through my research and talking with Benny @AllMoparParts.com - these door modules and switch work (can confirm as I put them in my 2016 Laramie Longhorn 1500

Window Switch - Mopar (68319803AA) though this is for grand cherokee - but I want the switch to back illumination as thats what I currently have and I can confirm it is illuminated​

Door Module Left - Mopar (68225103AD)​

Door Module Right - Mopar (68225102AD)​

YMMV
Well tonight I was in my sons truck. He has a 2021 2500 Night Edition Cummins with factory power fold tow mirrors. He folded them in and the passenger side was slightly faster than the drivers side. Not by much but just shows that even the factory mirrors aren't the same speed